• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    As the title of the thread indicates, I had a big problem with my Crimson Trace grips today. I went to the range today and took with me my CZ 75 P-01 with CT grips. I fired about 100 rounds with the grips turned off, then I switched them on and fired two accurate magazines through without a problem. Then I loaded my third magazine, took aim using only my CT grips, no hit on target. I thought maybe I just missed. Nope. I looked down my sights and the laser dot was nowhere near the point of aim. They were 12 inches to the right and six inches below my sights! This really concerned me as I have been carrying this gun everyday for the past few month with CT grips on and I keep thinking what if that were to happen if I ever needed them. I don't know if I should keep them on for now or wait until I can test them again to see if the problem happens again or just not use them anymore (I would hate to do that since I paid so much for them) or I was thinking about contacting Crimson Trace and seeing if they'd send me a new pair. What does everyone think? If you have crimson trace grips, has this ever happened to yours?

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have the CT grips on my M&P 9mm and two 45mm pistols. All three are working flawlessly. I've put about 4000 rounds thru the 9mm and over 4000 thru each of the 45s. No issues in any manner. Still on target, still functions properly.

I'd contact Ct and see what they say. I suspect they will swap it out pretty quick.

As a side note: that is why we practice without them just in case they fail. Good work in that aspect.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I'd call Crimson Trace. Had a friend that had CT on his Glock 19 and he had a similar problem with them hitting. He tried his from 12 feet and they were consitently hitting about 5 inches or so above the laser. He called them up and after some trouble shooting, he sent the grips in and they replaced them. I'd definitely call though if you're that far off versus your sight picture.

arma73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    Morgan Co.
    My CT's have an adjustment screw to sight them in,Maybe yours has come loose.
    I have put several thousand thru my kimber with out any issues.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I used those grips for years on one of my .40 HiPowers and never had that problem. I'm guessing you probably have a defective set. I would call CT and see if you can't send them in.

Top Bottom