Probably been asked before, so I apologize in advance.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bats&Gats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Ligonier
    How does one become a firearms instructor?

Kind of an annoying, noob sounding question, I know. But any info would be appreciated.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Grow a "Goat Thing" and call everyone an A******. :D

Oh - You mean a good instructor?......Then nevermind.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Grow a "Goat Thing" and call everyone an A******. :D

Oh - You mean a good instructor?......Then nevermind.

:lmfao:

I'd rep you if I could!!

Wait a second... You three just tag-teamed a Yeager post in a thread previously unrelated to Yeager all in under 20 minutes... You guys really have the spidey senses for this stuff... Or your cycles have all synced up. :dunno:

Well played... :D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Wait a second... You three just tag-teamed a Yeager post in a thread previously unrelated to Yeager all in under 20 minutes... You guys really have the spidey senses for this stuff... Or your cycles have all synced up. :dunno:

Well played... :D
    Nothing fancy like that on my part, I was just curious to see what it takes to become a Firearms Instructor... :popcorn:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    It would depend on several things. To name a few: What KIND of firearms do you wish to teach in (rifle, shotgun, pistol, etc)? What types of students do intend on targeting/teaching (new shooters, experienced competition shooters, etc)? What context do you intend to teach (basic marksmanship, competition shooting/what type, defensive shooting, etc)?

Generally, NRA basic instructor certifications are widely considered an industry minimum standard. That however, will not serve a great deal of purpose if you intend on teaching students with a greater level of skill for example. Hence, your level of training and skill should be more than adequate (generally higher) than the level of training you wish to provide.

If making considerable sums of money is your goal, you're probably looking into the wrong industry. Also, I would highly recommend several business classes and real world experience to convey your teachings to your students is also a huge plus.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    MMsponge.jpg

Top Bottom