Private/personal student loan. What is the best route to go or loan company.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    I have been looking into Cdl training for a while now. I have done my research on it and would like to pursue the training. Roughly $4200. Now this is not a credit hour course but a clock hour course. With that said there is not any federal aid or grants. If I was unemployed at the time there would be but I am working full time already. Just looking for input from some of you all that might know about a student loan institution that may have low rates etc. I have excellent credit if that's a question.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Will your current employer help pay for it?

IE, will it benefit them at all if you continue employment and have a CDL + other endorsements (hazmat, high GVW, etc etc?)

Worth an inquiry at least.

Also, if you're thinking about switching employment to/for/with a trucking company, chances are decent that they'll also pay for the training.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Don't they offer free cdl training at a lot of places?

If already employed yes some do. I work at a non cdl place.

Will your current employer help pay for it?

IE, will it benefit them at all if you continue employment and have a CDL + other endorsements (hazmat, high GVW, etc etc?)

Worth an inquiry at least.

Also, if you're thinking about switching employment to/for/with a trucking company, chances are decent that they'll also pay for the training.

They will not cover it if I dont stay and work 2 years after completion. I am looking to move on. It will not benifit them at all. I have to pay out of pocket for the training before starting. Its possible I could recieve reimbursment but would have to be working for a trucking company or truck shop before I could be paid back.

This is what I am looking into. I have done my resaearch and is the best bang for the buck.

CDL-A Commercial Driver's License Truck Driver - Ivy Tech Community College

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Call the busars office at Ivy Tech. They should be able to point you in several different directions for financial aid help. You could also sell me you M&P9c...:D

This also, some companys will put you thru the training before they hire you. (conditions apply im sure)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Chase is a great source for private loans. Also, Al's suggestion is right on point.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Call the busars office at Ivy Tech. They should be able to point you in several different directions for financial aid help. You could also sell me you M&P9c...:D

This also, some companys will put you thru the training before they hire you. (conditions apply im sure)

Clock hour class...no help. Credit hour class would be totally diff. Finding some place that will train is hard to find. Call after call after call...."so do you have any experiece working on a tractor trailer or driving one?" No i dont. Most never call back including TMC transport that called today. I dont expect to hear from them again.

You wouldnt be saying nothing bout the 40c if you woulda knocked over those fuel cans in mark martins trailer area at the track the other day :laugh:.

Top Bottom