• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Meh. Not worth my money. I've had several and was not impressed. Machining is so-so. 2 of them did not have the grip screw threads machined all the way and caused the screw to bottom out well before the grip was tight. I'll spend a little more money and get something better, even Palmetto's are better, with Aero being better than both.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Meh. Not worth my money. I've had several and was not impressed. Machining is so-so. 2 of them did not have the grip screw threads machined all the way and caused the screw to bottom out well before the grip was tight. I'll spend a little more money and get something better, even Palmetto's are better, with Aero being better than both.

I’ve heard this before but I’ve built many lowers with both PSA and Magpul grips and never had a problem with the screw bottoming out. Never had any fitment or machining issues either. Maybe Anderson has cleaned up their act a bit?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I’ve heard this before but I’ve built many lowers with both PSA and Magpul grips and never had a problem with the screw bottoming out. Never had any fitment or machining issues either. Maybe Anderson has cleaned up their act a bit?
    Perhaps. I haven't been into building AR's for awhile, I mainly just get factory built stuff now. If I were going to build another one, I'd probably go with Aero though.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Lol I knew it wouldn't take long. I have one Anderson lower pistol build and it's exactly how it should be. I'd say most companies have trouble with their lowers at some point. Even the great BCI INGO lowers had issues. My Noveske isn't machined perfect and I laid good money for it.

poweraddict

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield

Really? I haven't had any issues so far(granted I have only had 3 anderson lowers) but side by side the finish and machining seem to be a lot nicer on the Anderson's than the PSAs

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Lol I knew it wouldn't take long. I have one Anderson lower pistol build and it's exactly how it should be. I'd say most companies have trouble with their lowers at some point. Even the great BCI INGO lowers had issues. My Noveske isn't machined perfect and I laid good money for it.
    Should I not take issue with a lower when I have to finish tapping threads just to attach the grip using a lower parts kit from the same company? I had to do this to 2 of mine and another one for a friend at work. The BCI Ingo lowers (first batch) I didn't care for either, front takedown pin bore was too tight and the magwell bevel seemed minimal compared to others. I'm not an elitist or something, hope I didn't come off that way, just giving an opinion based on what I've seen.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I've had fitment issues with Palmetto, Anderson, and... wait for it.... BCI.

I never assembled my INGO lower but my 2 other BCI lowers were a PITA.

I typically stick with spikes except the spider because it looks like 2 ***** but the one and only Aero lower I have is good.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I've had fitment issues with Palmetto, Anderson, and... wait for it.... BCI.

I never assembled my INGO lower but my 2 other BCI lowers were a PITA.

I typically stick with spikes except the spider because it looks like 2 ***** but the one and only Aero lower I have is good.

I've had several Spikes that I've been happy with. Current one we have is a Punisher version that my wife used to build her 10.5" pistol.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Really? I haven't had any issues so far(granted I have only had 3 anderson lowers) but side by side the finish and machining seem to be a lot nicer on the Anderson's than the PSAs
    I have three in the safe in a wide serial number range, and all three had shallow threads that needed tapping, one has HORRIBLY tight fit at the takedowns(three different LPK pin sets) that need a punch to open, and the third is ok save having to finish tapping the grip. So, $30 isn’t bad for a finish yourself piece?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort

Hmm! I recently finished assembly of 3 AR's using Anderson lowers that I had purchased 4 or 5 years ago. I did not have one issue and the maching looked as good as any of the other brands I have inspected.

Top Bottom