• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yankeetownboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Brownsburg, in
    Hey all, What would any one recomend as as a good price guide? The "BLUE BOOK"? , Gun Digest price book? or any specialty guides for hanguns or long gun.Just want something to refer to to get started buying and trading.

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    I have a blue book but I found that the internet give me a better idea of what is going on. I like to go to gunborker.com and check the completed auctions....

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Gunbroker is a better resource for what people are actually willing to pay. As with any market that fluctuates wildly, no publication can accurately keep up with the market. For example, look at all the idiots with internet that can't sell their cars because the blue book told them it is worth thousands more than anyone will pay. If you feel the need for a book, buy one that will instruct you how to properly rate the condition. This is another problem, everyone thinks that what they have is in "excellent" condition when in reality, it isn't and condition vastly effects value.....

Rule of thumb for determining value of ANYTHING:
    It is worth EXACTLY, not one penny more, not one penny less, but EXACTLY what someone is willing to pay. No book can tell you this. You must get in tune with the market and watch it closely.

yankeetownboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Brownsburg, in
    It is worth EXACTLY, not one penny more, not one penny less, but EXACTLY what someone is willing to pay. No book can tell you this. You must get in tune with the market and watch it closely.

Thanks guys, and yes ThrottleJockey...I have always belived what you said about anything guns, cars, women ect, ect.

thanks

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    blue books give you a rough idea but doing your homework watching what x gun is actually selling for is the best way to go. it takes alot of time. i have alot of friends who thought they could do this exact thing and imo more folks lose money than make money

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    It can go up and down. Just like the plus book call a Colt python in 95% around $700 but you would be luck to buy that gun for under $1000!!! And it also says to only add 25% for a 3" and I have never seen one of these go for under $3000. ThrottleJockey hit the nail on the head guns are worth what someone will pay, just like anything...

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    It also matters whether the item you are selling is collectable or not. Using an online auction price for a run of the mill gun is very useful, but for a collectable item like an antique or a presentation piece the auction price may be distorted by one person paying more than the item is worth because they are a collector and want that one particular piece. Once they have it they won't pay that price again, nor will someone who is not a collector.

yj-guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    brazil
    It is worth EXACTLY, not one penny more, not one penny less, but EXACTLY what someone is willing to pay. No book can tell you this. You must get in tune with the market and watch it closely.[/quote]

this is right. it is what the market will pay. :ingo:

Top Bottom