• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JagsFan

Plinker
    Aug 31, 2012
    I know I shouldn't ask because I think more of you guys than this, but I have to. Everyone is jacking up their prices on ARs and Aks and really anything that may fall into the new AWB that is coming. I hope you guys are not following along with this madness of a wasr costing a grand. Hopefully, I will be seeing you guys soon I need a couple new black rifles.

dice dealer

Master
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Our prices have and always will reflect our cost .

So far our pricing has not changed , however our store looks like the Milk and bread section of your local Kroger when the weatherman says its going to snow .

Hope to see you soon , Hopefuly we will have a rifle left :D
    :ingo:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Oct 3, 2012
    Our prices have and always will reflect our cost .

So far our pricing has not changed , however our store looks like the Milk and bread section of your local Kroger when the weatherman says its going to snow .

Hope to see you soon , Hopefuly we will have a rifle left :D
    :ingo:

There's a post on this forum that p-mags are now $59 in your store. Did your cost go up or is the post incorrect?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Oct 3, 2012
    :laugh:

Nice ownage.

We'll see. I really hope the post is incorrect or their supplier has raised the prices.

I'll be really disappointed if they have joined the bandwagon. I've spent thousands of dollars with Kiesler's/Orion's over the past 12 years. I even keep going there despite having moved to Indianapolis 7 years ago, so they are no longer very "local" to me. I've brought many customers to the store, from Indianapolis, who would likely never have been to that store without me driving them down there. They've bought silencers, firearms, ammo, etc. Boomstick probably knows who I am based on this statement.

However if they really are selling P-mags for $59 but their own cost has remained the same, it would be hypocritical of me to boycott Cheaper Than Dirt but overlook it from a local shop.

So, I wait for an answer.

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    pmags down here in logan are only 25 at the highest , and thats a local shop , very doubtful the price went up and warrants a price of 59$ ....If you guys want i can check all the wholesalers i order from and verify if the price increase is a true or FALSE statement ......just my :twocents:......But when the market demands these prices why should a dealer sell to the public so they can turn around and make the cash on these ? I know , a double edged sword fellas .....where i am employed the prices have not increased but availibility has sure fallen off the radar !!!!!

Boomstick

Expert
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Availability is gone. We acquired a whopping 29 Pmags, some with and some without window, most are Foliage green, I think a couple FDE and one black 30rd with window!!!!! SHOCKED TO FIND IT IN BLACK! We got them, had them shipped in and I beleive have 8 or 10 left. Relax fellas, when MagPul gets caught back up in 6 or 7 months and can re-supply us we wont have to buy from the same online sources you guys are seeing them on and price will come back down. In the mean time feel free to NOT BUY THEM and wait til we can get more. Or shop around, gunbroker has a bunch listed up for auction otherwise supply will increase, demand will decrease, and the mag companies will get caught up, the craziness will end and prices will float to normal. I'd love to have a few crates of Pmags for $12-14 like we had 9days ago, and would gladly sell them and enjoy seeing the auction prices fall to under $50-60each, wouldnt hurt my feelings because I would be making the same amount of $ and wouldnt have to explain to people, yes I have them, no I dont have that color, yes I know 2 weeks ago I sold you 5 for $60, and blah blah blah. 2 weeks ago I could also fill semi trailers with 556 ammo. Now I have a 10 box limit and dont have enough in stock to shoot a weekend match with. Positive note is when I sell out of 556 ammo I wont have to expalin why I dont have 1000rd cases on the floor anymore, and why I dont have more than 10-12 boxes of the same type in stock. Its slim pickins guys, and from the delivery times I am being quoted I dont see it turning around for near future. My suggestion is, based on the mentality of most guys I know on here is be thankful you have the stockpiles you have acquired of the years and find the best deals you can. Leave the bottom of barrel scraping to the guys who jumped on the band wagon 2 fridays ago. Happy new year to you all, be safe and watch out for each other.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I had the same reaction many are having. Chris was good enough to PM me personally. While I can't afford to shop there any time soon; I also can't blame them if they are subjected to the same market forces that everyone else is.
    Moral of the story is: stop buying expensive stuff people. Calm down. No legislation has been passed. No "knock and collect" teams are out and about. One of the most reasonable things I've heard came from Rick at Falls City Firearms, a local "competitor/ complimentary seller" to Orion: "When gun stores jack their prices up out of reach, they aren't always trying to make a buck. Sometimes, they are telling you to calm the F down."

chizzle

Master
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Availability is gone. We acquired a whopping 29 Pmags, some with and some without window, most are Foliage green, I think a couple FDE and one black 30rd with window!!!!! SHOCKED TO FIND IT IN BLACK! We got them, had them shipped in and I beleive have 8 or 10 left. Relax fellas, when MagPul gets caught back up in 6 or 7 months and can re-supply us we wont have to buy from the same online sources you guys are seeing them on and price will come back down. In the mean time feel free to NOT BUY THEM and wait til we can get more. Or shop around, gunbroker has a bunch listed up for auction otherwise supply will increase, demand will decrease, and the mag companies will get caught up, the craziness will end and prices will float to normal. I'd love to have a few crates of Pmags for $12-14 like we had 9days ago, and would gladly sell them and enjoy seeing the auction prices fall to under $50-60each, wouldnt hurt my feelings because I would be making the same amount of $ and wouldnt have to explain to people, yes I have them, no I dont have that color, yes I know 2 weeks ago I sold you 5 for $60, and blah blah blah. 2 weeks ago I could also fill semi trailers with 556 ammo. Now I have a 10 box limit and dont have enough in stock to shoot a weekend match with. Positive note is when I sell out of 556 ammo I wont have to expalin why I dont have 1000rd cases on the floor anymore, and why I dont have more than 10-12 boxes of the same type in stock. Its slim pickins guys, and from the delivery times I am being quoted I dont see it turning around for near future. My suggestion is, based on the mentality of most guys I know on here is be thankful you have the stockpiles you have acquired of the years and find the best deals you can. Leave the bottom of barrel scraping to the guys who jumped on the band wagon 2 fridays ago. Happy new year to you all, be safe and watch out for each other.

Very professional response. +1

Boomstick

Expert
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I revert https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...mer_a_message_to_lgs_owners_everywhere-4.htmlback to this thread... FInn posted in it, so did I, everyone knew it would happen, and at that point I still had some stuff in stock....
    Now we have this thread https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ny_if_the_new_pmags_had_a_factory_defect.html where Snoop makes my point about not being able to find anything, and having to pay for it when we do. IT will come back down, hi-cap scares me beacuse I have reservations about supply coming back and demand dropping enough to allow it before they get restrictions/bans, etc in place, but ammo will return. I'm just hoping when Pmags reach $12 again they aren't 10rd versions.....
    Chill people it will happen and the world will be right again, in the mean time watch the crazy buys from people who think any AR is a Bushmaster (trust me, I watched it in person all week) cause thats what NBC calls them and be happy you have your guns, mags and ammo. Happy New Year folks, after a crazy 2 weeks and working 12-14hr days instead of my normal M-f 9-5 Im heading to bed, I have tomorrow off, and will NOT be going to the shop to cruise supply sites for anything (cause they are out) and will instead be spending a much needed day with my son, who is btw now walking (yea I missed that since I was at work, still irks me) Holy toddler terror on two feet, lol

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks Chris, that's why I asked. You guys have been fair, so that's why I wanted to ask and hear what you had to say instead of just pouncing.

Spike_351

Expert
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I know I shouldn't ask because I think more of you guys than this, but I have to. Everyone is jacking up their prices on ARs and Aks and really anything that may fall into the new AWB that is coming. I hope you guys are not following along with this madness of a wasr costing a grand. Hopefully, I will be seeing you guys soon I need a couple new black rifles.

stopped in a few weeks ago and they were $799

JagsFan

Plinker
    Aug 31, 2012
    stopped in a few weeks ago and they were $799

Yeah, I need up paying that for an Siaga which is crazy, but I can only blame myself. Chris was very honest with me about pricing and I completely understand and can only hope this madness stops.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Quote directly from Magpul's facebook page in a statement published on December 18, 2012

"We've received a lot of comments about some retailers charging extremely high prices for our products. We strongly discourage pricing strategies like this with our direct customers, as we just don't feel right about it. Those retailers who are buying through distribution, and not direct, may be worried about supply and reacting to the market with this pricing increase. We are firm believers in free capitalism, and as long as no one is damaging market value through their pricing strategy, we will allow the market to correct this situation, as it appears it already is. We intend to continue to produce and sell our products to support the MSRPs we have set. Magazines will continue to flow to those retailers, distributors, and OEM customers with whom we have direct relationships."

Top Bottom