• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    FIRST TIME IN U.S. HISTORY THAT A SITTING PRESIDENT'S ELIGIBILITY QUESTIONED BY MEMBER OF CONGRESS

The Post & Email can publicly confirm that on the first of December, last, U.S. Congressman Nathan Deal (GA-R) challenged the eligibility of Barack Hussein Obama to hold the office of the U.S. presidency.

Deal.jpg

Todd Smith, Chief of Staff for Representative Nathan Deal of the United States House of Representatives serving Georgia’s 9th district, has confirmed today that Deal has sent a letter to Barack Hussein Obama requesting him to prove his eligibility for the office of President of the United States of America. The letter was sent electronically the first of December 2009 in pdf format, and Mr. Smith said that Representative Deal has confirmation from Obama’s staff that it has been received. The letter did not have additional signatories. It originated solely from Representative Deal.

Now, what does this mean? This is probably the first time in 233 years of American history that a sitting member of the House of Representatives has officially challenged the legitimacy of a sitting president….one full year into his term.

This forever changes the public discourse.

Even if the putative president ignores the challenge, he cannot hide from it, because by doing so he admits his guilt through silence. The question has to be asked near and far, why would a president who has promised greater transparency than any previous administration pay upwards of $2,000,000 of taxpayer money to hide documents that could resolve the matter once and for all time for the cost of $20.00. He has publicly admitted on more than one occasion that his father was NOT an American citizen. This alone disqualifies him from eligibility based on Article 2, Section 1, Paragraph 5 of the Constitution, and consequently makes him a usurper.

Chief of Staff for Representative Nathan Deal of the United States House of Representatives serving Georgia’s 9th district, has confirmed today(1/5/10) that Deal has sent a letter to Barack Hussein Obama requesting him to prove his eligibility for the office of President of the United States of America.

If you would like to send your thoughts to Rep. Deal, here is his contact info.

The Honorable Nathan Deal
    2133 Rayburn House Office Building
    Washington, D.C. 20515-1009
    DC Phone: 202-225-5211
    DC Fax: 202-225-8272
    Website contact form: http://www.house.gov/...
    clear.gif

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    If you are born in the united states that this makes you a citizen regardless of your parents citizenship status.

The 14th Amendment defines citizenship this way: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." But even this does not get specific enough. As usual, the Constitution provides the framework for the law, but it is the law that fills in the gaps.
    Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in those gaps. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"

• Anyone born inside the United States *
    • Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
    • Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
    • Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
    • Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
    • Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
    • Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
    • A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.
    * There is an exception in the law — the person must be "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States. This would exempt the child of a diplomat, for example, from this provision.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009

Chief of Staff for Representative Nathan Deal of the United States House of Representatives serving Georgia’s 9th district, has confirmed today(1/5/10) that Deal has sent a letter to Barack Hussein Obama requesting him to prove his eligibility for the office of President of the United States of America.

If you would like to send your thoughts to Rep. Deal, here is his contact info.

The Honorable Nathan Deal
    2133 Rayburn House Office Building
    Washington, D.C. 20515-1009
    DC Phone: 202-225-5211
    DC Fax: 202-225-8272
    Website contact form: http://www.house.gov/...
    clear.gif

His mother was a United States citizen.

Even if he was born in Kenya, Russia, or Mars, he's still a naturalized American citizen.

Jus sanguinis; law of the blood.

Get over it - a man you don't like is now in the White House.

That's never happened before in HISTORY, has it?

The man's policies are terrible, in my opinion. But I'll limit my critiques to his policies and not lower myself to ad hominem.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I believe I have read that at the time he was born, US law stated that for this to be true, not only did his mother have to be a US citizen, she had to have been one for five years following her 14th birthday. She was 18 when he was born, so this was impossible.

Further, when she married Soetoro and moved him to Indonesia, which did not permit dual citizenship AND required that for him to go to school there (which he did) he had to be a citizen of Indonesia, he would have had to renounce or have had renounced for him, his US citizenship. There is no record of him becoming naturalized a citizen after that time.

Current US law requires in most cases (and I believe that fraud is among those), the burden of proof be on the prosecution. US privacy laws, however, have allowed him to prevent the release of that information to date. A court order to turn over the information would have ended this whole situation over a year ago.

At this point, he has had over a year in office with the full power of the office and however much of George Soros' money (I would say "taxpayer money", but that would create a paper trail) he needed to forge whatever documents he needed to to make this charge go away. If he truly was in favor of transparency, he would have been forthcoming with the information long ago, dispelling any suggestion of possibility of impropriety. At this late date, I do not believe he can ever completely dispel the rumor.

It has nothing to do with whether or not I like him. He could be the strictest Constitutionalist ever and if he was not eligible, I would still demand his removal, except that such a person as that would never have run for the office nor accepted it once elected.

It is not ad hominem to address the issue of ineligibility for this office any more or less than to address the eligibility of a convicted felon to serve as a police officer. The difference is that the police officer must be vetted by a department of human resources. Prior to this, we never needed one. There is no such department or office for the Presidency. Ad hominem would be making uncomplimentary remarks regarding his skin color, his gender, or other such things not germane to his performance of his duties or failure thereto.

His mother was a United States citizen.

Even if he was born in Kenya, Russia, or Mars, he's still a naturalized American citizen.

Jus sanguinis; law of the blood.

Get over it - a man you don't like is now in the White House.

That's never happened before in HISTORY, has it?

The man's policies are terrible, in my opinion. But I'll limit my critiques to his policies and not lower myself to ad hominem.

My question is: What happens when it's proven that he was never eligible? Do all the people who have lost their jobs get them back? No. Does the economy reset back and go again like some da*n video game? No. I suppose we can take comfort in the fact that any law enacted while he kept the chair warm would be null and void, never having been sent to a President, since we didn't actually have one. What about treaties? Since they were enacted by a SoS appointed by someone without the authority to do so, are they null also? What about Biden? He was chosen a running mate by that same ineligible person.

Gah.. That would leave the next after the VP to serve as President.

This thought is frightening beyond words to me at the present time.

May God have mercy on our souls.

Blessings,
    Bill

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    My question is: What happens when it's proven that he was never eligible? Do all the people who have lost their jobs get them back? No. Does the economy reset back and go again like some da*n video game? No. I suppose we can take comfort in the fact that any law enacted while he kept the chair warm would be null and void, never having been sent to a President, since we didn't actually have one. What about treaties? Since they were enacted by a SoS appointed by someone without the authority to do so, are they null also? What about Biden? He was chosen a running mate by that same ineligible person.

Gah.. That would leave the next after the VP to serve as President.

This thought is frightening beyond words to me at the present time.

May God have mercy on our souls.

Blessings,
    Bill

I've looked into this a little, and from what I can gather it's not what it seems. He is the President. The only mechanism that can remove him is impeachment.

Once he was elected and sworn in, he became the President. He could be impeached for not being eligible to have become the President, but he is the President.

You couldn't count on the current Congress to take any action to make this happen, of course, and I doubt his supporters would care if he's eligible or not.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    With enough evidence, and considering who has to allow it to proceed for him to be impeached.... I am not so sure it's so far out of the question. The catch is "with enough evidence. If he could be proven to be under age 35 (just one of the other qualifications, not actually something in question) when sworn, this would not be in question. No one provision is more of a prohibition to the office than another. I certainly wouldn't put it past Pelosi to use that as a power grab to be the second president never elected to national executive office and the first female to have that chair made for her.

I'm thinking Barry saw the "don't talk to the police" video once (considering the group for and about whom the ACLU made it!) and that's what he's misguidedly doing.

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    With enough evidence, and considering who has to allow it to proceed for him to be impeached.... I am not so sure it's so far out of the question. The catch is "with enough evidence. If he could be proven to be under age 35 (just one of the other qualifications, not actually something in question) when sworn, this would not be in question. No one provision is more of a prohibition to the office than another. I certainly wouldn't put it past Pelosi to use that as a power grab to be the second president never elected to national executive office and the first female to have that chair made for her.

I'm thinking Barry saw the "don't talk to the police" video once (considering the group for and about whom the ACLU made it!) and that's what he's misguidedly doing.

Blessings,
    Bill

I re-iterate, Bill, nothing is in question. Period.

Yes, the five-years' rule still exists, but it doesn't have to be concurrent, and moreover, only two of those years have to be after attaining age 14.

I cite:

United States Code, Title 8, Section #1401, sub-section g, first part:
    US CODE: Title 8,1401. Nationals and citizens of United States at birth

(g) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years:

Of all the very valid reasons to criticize the President - any President - eligibility isn't among them. This issue was decided with John McCain (who, if you will recall, was born in Panama) and is clear as day, Bill. Even if he was born outside of Hawaii, even if there is no birth certificate, even if his father was a Kenyan national (then subject to UK citizenship laws), even if he went to school in Indonesia, and even if his mother left America at age eighteen, Barack Hussein Obama is a citizen of these United States of America under rightful and just law. Pure and simple.

There is no debate here beyond the angry wishing of a discontented few. Of all the qualms you or I or anyone could and can have with the man and his policies - and believe me, I don't like fascism more than the next guy - his citizenship does not make the list of questionable things about him. His apparent unwillingness to condemn Islam, his merger of State and corporate interests, and his willingness to drive our country further into debt, these are all things which displease me. Moreover, these are all legitimate items of debate. But the question of his citizenship is long-settled, sir, with all due respect, and with no personal offense intended.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I re-iterate, Bill, nothing is in question. Period....the question of his citizenship is long-settled, sir, with all due respect, and with no personal offense intended.

You'll understand, I'm sure, if I do not share your opinion, much as you do not share mine. No, neither is personal, simply focused on the issues being discussed, as it should be.

Blessings,
    Bill

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Who Would Be the President

Who would then be the president if the bammer were found to be constitutionally ineligible? Surely not Biden since he is the vice president only because the bammer got elected. It would probably fall on the rickety old shoulders of Nancy Pelosi, the screaming harpie from Kalifornia who is more interested in the advances in plastic surgery than the advances of our economy. Nancy Pelosi would be president until ACORN and SIEU could get another liberal progressive democreep elected in a special election. Just my opionion and just my two cents.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I don't really have a reasoned opinion on whether he is or isn't eligible.

What I will say is that Christian Conservative Alan Keyes, in whom I place much respect, is among those that have filed lawsuits against the President.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I re-iterate, Bill, nothing is in question. Period.

Yes, the five-years' rule still exists, but it doesn't have to be concurrent, and moreover, only two of those years have to be after attaining age 14.

I cite:

United States Code, Title 8, Section #1401, sub-section g, first part:
    US CODE: Title 8,1401. Nationals and citizens of United States at birth

(g) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years:

Of all the very valid reasons to criticize the President - any President - eligibility isn't among them. This issue was decided with John McCain (who, if you will recall, was born in Panama) and is clear as day, Bill. Even if he was born outside of Hawaii, even if there is no birth certificate, even if his father was a Kenyan national (then subject to UK citizenship laws), even if he went to school in Indonesia, and even if his mother left America at age eighteen, Barack Hussein Obama is a citizen of these United States of America under rightful and just law. Pure and simple.

There is no debate here beyond the angry wishing of a discontented few. Of all the qualms you or I or anyone could and can have with the man and his policies - and believe me, I don't like fascism more than the next guy - his citizenship does not make the list of questionable things about him. His apparent unwillingness to condemn Islam, his merger of State and corporate interests, and his willingness to drive our country further into debt, these are all things which displease me. Moreover, these are all legitimate items of debate. But the question of his citizenship is long-settled, sir, with all due respect, and with no personal offense intended.

:+1:

You'll understand, I'm sure, if I do not share your opinion, much as you do not share mine. No, neither is personal, simply focused on the issues being discussed, as it should be.

Blessings,
    Bill

:owned:

I used to concede the same way, especially when I was a younger kid. I would say, "it's a fact in my opinion."......my pops would say, "I only deal in facts....opinions are for people who won't accept the truth or are afraid of being wrong."......anyway, evansvillethompsongunner brought up what I would call facts. Unless you can PROVE otherwise, then facts they will remain. Speculation and doubt are not enough. The only arguement I see is the same old pooh......"What happened to the birth certificate?"........"His birth certificate disappeared."
    These arguements do not negate the facts. Nothing will....facts are facts. If somenone can show me some reasonable evidence that BHO is not a citizen, I will accept defeat. Bottom line, if he wasn't a citizen, he would have never had a chance to even see the election. This conspiracy theory is tiresome.:twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009

Blessings,
    Bill

We'll just have to agree to disagree agreeably, I suppose.

So... how do you feel about the M2HB?

Best weapon ever made, or absolute best weapon ever made?

:D

bobn911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Well now I'll probably have the SS,CIA,FBI, and all the other 'Letter Groups' visiting me as I just sent Mr. Deal an email supporting his challenge to find the truth. Later, Bob

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    From the Constitution:
    No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
    Notice it does not say citizen, it says natural born citizen. Natural born is in there for a reason.
    Just sayin'...

However,
    OK, who are the idiots that want Biden for President?
    :+1:
    And that, my friends, is a scary thought.
    Then Nancy is WAY TOO CLOSE to the presidency IMHO.

Top Bottom