• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I believe Paul has said in the past that if he doesn't get the nomination he would not run a third party against the republicans. I think he should. Back in the day Perot probably would have won had he not dropped out and then reentered again later.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    He was asked by the host if he still felt FEMA needed to be dismantled. That is how the topic came up.

He didn't just "up and say it".

Rather than recant his previous position he stood firm and gave excellent reasoning as to why.

Did I say he just "up and said it"? No.

There are artful ways to avoid the discussion. "Right now is a time for us to concentrate on ensuring an orderly return to life as soon as the storm passes. There will be plenty of time to evaluate the value of government services and who is best able to provide those services in the future" would have been a damn good one. Instead he comes off out of touch to everyone other than Paulbots.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Did I say he just "up and said it"? No.

There are artful ways to avoid the discussion. "Right now is a time for us to concentrate on ensuring an orderly return to life as soon as the storm passes. There will be plenty of time to evaluate the value of government services and who is best able to provide those services in the future" would have been a damn good one. Instead he comes off out of touch to everyone other than Paulbots.

Did any of you actually see the interview or just what some idiot on a blog said about it? SemperFi, I should have used "'" instead and I was also speaking about everyone above you as well.

[ame]http://youtu.be/Cd85H9RpEVc[/ame]

Drive by blogging is about as useful as the drive by media.

I hadn't read the OP's link because I saw it on Foxnews Sunday.

A big -1 to the OP for posting such a crappy link. You've done a terrible disservice to Ron Paul by this. Why not just post the video?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I see a lot of folks on here that don't understand how the election process works......All that aside, RP is the only guy I'm interested in. Unfortunately the "D"s and the "R"s are secretly playing for the same team with the same end game in mind and RP will never get the nomination. I would however be cool with another decent conservative that would appoint RP as the chairman of the FEDRES. That way we would still get nearly everything we need from him, he would get to accomplish what it seems he really wants to do, and we all win and get to keep speaking english.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    After watching that clip of Paul, how is it that someone who wants what is best for our country not vote for him?

This!

Ron Paul is like a disease of common sense. Once you get exposed to it you become infected. When I listened to his book "Liberty Defined" I was amazed at how many of his topics seemed like a radical new concept to me. I finally realized how conditioned I have been in my life to accept the status quo. Let the "R"s and "D"s fight amongst themselves, and let the Ron Paul supporters brush the "R" & "D" types away in the 2012 election. The man simply explodes with a wisdom this country hasn't had in years.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Anyone else notice how bad it is out east? They act like they are going to all drop dead any moment as a result of 3-5 days without electricity....I bet they're even wondering why they don't get flown half way across the country and put in rent free apartments while getting checks from the gov just " 'cause that's what they did for katrina victims".....I doubt there are many on either coast that could last a full year in the midwest..power outages for days and even weeks in the winter from ice storms, spring from floods and tornadoes, summer heat, droughts, etc.....AND BARELY EVEN MENTION OF IT IN THE NEWS. Seriously, what about Joplin? LEVELED. Iowa? STILL WET. Heck the FEMA losers still haven't even hauled off the abandoned cars in LA, but they've left and moved on as if their work was done....Last time I checked the COTUS it did say something about defending our borders, but we're not going to do that, it costs money...I can't for the life of me find FEMA in there ANYWHERE.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Anyone else notice how bad it is out east? They act like they are going to all drop dead any moment as a result of 3-5 days without electricity....I bet they're even wondering why they don't get flown half way across the country and put in rent free apartments while getting checks from the gov just " 'cause that's what they did for katrina victims".....I doubt there are many on either coast that could last a full year in the midwest..power outages for days and even weeks in the winter from ice storms, spring from floods and tornadoes, summer heat, droughts, etc.....AND BARELY EVEN MENTION OF IT IN THE NEWS. Seriously, what about Joplin? LEVELED. Iowa? STILL WET. Heck the FEMA losers still haven't even hauled off the abandoned cars in LA, but they've left and moved on as if their work was done....Last time I checked the COTUS it did say something about defending our borders, but we're not going to do that, it costs money...I can't for the life of me find FEMA in there ANYWHERE.

I lived for a few years (4th-7th grade) with no power in the mountains of washington state, one of the benefits of growing up dirt poor :D. And honestrly those were some of the best times of my life.

but you are right about some of that, we ( here in northern va anyway) dont hear jack about power outages in the midwest, if what you say is true. I havent heard about Joplin in some time. Iowas wet? hadnt heard. It is crazy what gets reported and what doesnt

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    I lived for a few years (4th-7th grade) with no power in the mountains of washington state, one of the benefits of growing up dirt poor :D. And honestrly those were some of the best times of my life.

but you are right about some of that, we ( here in northern va anyway) dont hear jack about power outages in the midwest, if what you say is true. I havent heard about Joplin in some time. Iowas wet? hadnt heard. It is crazy what gets reported and what doesnt
    Iowa suffered severe flooding in the springs of 2008 and 2011. The higher food prices you will soon see are at least partially attributed to this years flooding all over the midwest. Here in IN our corn yield is expected to be about 14% below average. I don't recall the soy numbers, but they're pretty bad too.

Top Bottom