• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    But you don't understand! With all the additional spending by the unemployed, we'll have new entrepreneurs create businesses that cater to this new source of income! And then they'll hire...the...people who already don't need jobs...

:n00b:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    He's like a broken record, it's the same thing over and over again and he expects a different outcome each time.
    He is so far removed from reality that it is scary someone like him could be voted in as President.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I love how it's Social Security and Medicare when we want the people who already pay taxes to pay more, but when we want to give away to our base it's suddenly "payroll taxes."

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Here's what's wrong with this whole premise of spending and job creation. Virtually all manufactured items, are made outside the U.S.. Japanese cars are selling and many are made in the U.S.. Not typical purchases by the unemployed. Result is, our money spent creates jobs somewhere else! It's not like the old days when everything worth having was manufactured here.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    So, how long can I suckle at the government teat if I lose my job today?

Don't forget that this is money your employer is forced to pay on your behalf, which is the same as saying it was taken from you, only indirectly. So, if there's nothing wrong with taking a Social Security check, there's nothing wrong with taking an unemployment check.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Don't forget that this is money your employer is forced to pay on your behalf, which is the same as saying it was taken from you, only indirectly. So, if there's nothing wrong with taking a Social Security check, there's nothing wrong with taking an unemployment check.

Oh don't get me wrong, I understand people are forced into paying this and absolutly feel that if you need it (unemployment, welfare, ect.) by all means use it. But this is reduculious.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Turn off money to the DEA, IRS, ATF, Dept. of Education and Dept. of Agriculture, and use 25% of it to fund major infrastructure upgrades including fiber optic, bridges, roads, underground future-proof electrical grid, etc. Put people to work doing real things, that will actually benefit society, and use less than half the money we're currently wasting on these stupid organizations not helping anyone. If you put in at least 20hours of work doing some public job you get your welfare money. If you don't, then you get enough food to survive and no money. You can live off the .gov, but it won't be any fun.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I can honestly say, that even if I were "in need", I would never succumb to using the Government for anything. I would not file for unemployment, I would not use "foodstamps", etc...

I don't care if that makes me seem "too proud", because yeah, I'm a proud person with self-respect. It's no one else's job to take care of me.

Good thing I'm not in need, and show no signs of heading that direction.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    "So, when Congress gets back in September I want to move quickly on things that will help the economy create jobs right now. Extending the payroll tax credit to put a thousand dollars in the pocket of the average American worker. Extending unemployment insurance to help people get back on their feet. Putting construction workers back to work rebuilding America."

~Barak Obama, August 5, 2011

Translation: Stimulus package and shovel-ready *cough* jobs!!!

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    I can honestly say, that even if I were "in need", I would never succumb to using the Government for anything. I would not file for unemployment, I would not use "foodstamps", etc...

I don't care if that makes me seem "too proud", because yeah, I'm a proud person with self-respect. It's no one else's job to take care of me.

Good thing I'm not in need, and show no signs of heading that direction.

Been there, done that. I lost my job three years ago. I collected unemployment for one month until I decided to be a stay at home dad, at which point I stopped collecting. We tried to make things work on one income, but ultimately, we had to sell our house on six acres in the country (I miss my shooting range) and move into town, and a house we could afford. No handouts for us, thank you, we'll take care of ourselves.

Top Bottom