• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYbOhNMPOtQ&feature=em-uploademail-new[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L24uoSR_QMQ&feature=em-uploademail-new[/ame]

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    The guy in the second video is Jack Spirco. He has a podcast called The Survival Podcast. It's really, really good. I don't agree with everything but a very high majority of what he has to say.

He talks a lot about homesteading. It's definitely worth listening to.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Get ready, cause we're effed.

How was that?

Not at all :P
    More to the point of the video is you can prepare to lessen the impact of monetary policy.Yes the are printing and devaluing the currency like mad.Yes there will be inflation.The guy who made the video is advising to stock up on food(commodities),land,and precious metals...just like the Federal Reserve and banks are doing.That way when we get our new monetary system you will still have a net worth,as will the banks.

It is going to be very bad for people who do/have not prepared,but those who do will experience 1/100 of the pain of those who do not and will come out the other side probably better off than they are now.

It is bad.It is going to get MUCH worse.But if you do the right things the impact on your life should be minimal.

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    That survival podcast guy does paint a rather simple, but grim picture. And if nothing else, I like the fact that he says he doesn't know everything. Will definitely have to look into what he is saying.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    I get that paper money/ 401k balances are going to be worthless. Because so many people in this country are barely getting by they can do nothing. It's not our doing sold out by politicians and raped by bankers. Facism is not coming it's here. Krupp=Goldman Sachs We don't have the gun control act of Nazi Gun Control

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    So based upon this. Assuming how this all plays out monetarily in the next 5 years

If you own a house with 5 acres, however you have some debt low interest LOC from house- Is it better to pay the debt off per Dave Ramsey or buy hard assets with borrowed money?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So based upon this. Assuming how this all plays out monetarily in the next 5 years

If you own a house with 5 acres, however you have some debt low interest LOC from house- Is it better to pay the debt off per Dave Ramsey or buy hard assets with borrowed money?

:popcorn:

In addition I'll toss this into the mix. What is the point of prepping for a currency failure? I can see prepping for natural and limited man-made events (ie. fire, earthwauke, blizzard, riots, etc.) in which the duration of life will be short. Fires even wilf fires do get put out, blizzard do pass and the snow melts, riots eventually get stopped, heck even governments topple (ie. middle east) and a new government is put into place.

The point is that things do come back to "normal" after a short amount of time weeks to a few months. But how can you prep (ie. store food for the rest of your life. :dunno:) for a complete change of the rules. ie. new currency?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    :popcorn:

In addition I'll toss this into the mix. What is the point of prepping for a currency failure? I can see prepping for natural and limited man-made events (ie. fire, earthwauke, blizzard, riots, etc.) in which the duration of life will be short. Fires even wilf fires do get put out, blizzard do pass and the snow melts, riots eventually get stopped, heck even governments topple (ie. middle east) and a new government is put into place.

The point is that things do come back to "normal" after a short amount of time weeks to a few months. But how can you prep (ie. store food for the rest of your life. :dunno:) for a complete change of the rules. ie. new currency?

You prep for the inflation and loss off faith in the old system. That period is when fortunes are made and lost,I would rather come out ahead than lose what I have to inflation. So preserve your net wealth,and maybe even come out ahead in the new system.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

I would go debt free. It is the more stable route. You never know what is going to happen in life. Job loss,medical,anything can make you unable to make a payment,then you lose. By not taking on debt you are already ahead.

Even I have been tempted seeing what is happening to take on debt,but debt free I do not have to worry about losing anything.Security in what I have is worth it.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    My idea is not to be debt free any longer, but to be free of worrisome debt. Only go into debt for productive or liquidateable assets that WILL increase in value. Only take on as much debt as you can easily pay for, and have enough in reserves/cash savings to cover several months or years of payments, just in case there is a pause in your income.

Top Bottom