• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juggaloxjj4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    I was visiting with my grandfather today and we got to talking about firearms and he told me to hold on a second. He goes back to his bedroom and brings out a black leather pistol holster. I take a look at this old pistol that he brings me and gives me a run down on it. He told me that a friend of my great grandfathers was in germany during ww2 and took this pistol off a dead german officer and sent it back home. He later gave it to my great grandfather and from him to my grandfather. I looked it over did a few function tests and gave it a run down and it has alot of interesting features. The caliber i belive was a 7.65 and i took a look at one of the rounds and it said .32 on the back of it. It has a 6 or 7 round single stack mag.

Also it has a spot on the back that has the fireing pin exturede so you can tell that it is cocked. Also i took the mag out and cocked it and the slide stayed open. It wouldnt close till i put the mag back in. Also it wouldnt fire without the mag in like a hi-point. Also the safty on the side slid down to make it safe and there is a button right by the safty that i thought was the mag release at first but actually when you press it the safty is dissengaged. You take the mag out from the bottom sort of like a davis arms, bryco arms, or jennings arms pistol.

And for being so old it was absolutly amazing. The wood handle was amazing and i couldnt say enough good things about this pistol.

It is a mauser pistol and my grandfather said that it was made pre war but i dont know that much about it and i would like to know more. If any of you could tell me a little bit more i would appreciate it. at the bottom are some pictures i took with my phone because thats all i have.

mauser1.jpg

mauser3.jpg

mauser2.jpg

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Looks like a Mauser 1934 to me. The Germans used quite a few different pistols during the war. They used their own manufactured guns and if they liked weapons from one of their occupied countries they would incorporate them into their system, Browning HP and Radom being a couple. The 1934 Mauser was used by the police, army, Luftwaffe and Navy. I think they were made in 6.35 and 7.65mm (25acp and 32ACP). Hard to tell but it looks as if it was reblued and the grips replaced. I'd have to see it or have better pics to be sure. But that's my guess on it. Others might know more.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    82   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    mauser 1934

Yep. that's a fine quality item!
    I would love to have that in my collection..lol..
    It looks to be near unused with a minty holster as well.
    You can tell if that's a pre war by the proof stamps.
    If it's pre-war it should have a crown over U stamped on it, it will be tiny about 1/8" high or so. after 1940 they would have switched to a eagle over N.
    any other markings might be issue numbers or unit numbers, but not all had this.
    Another place to look is the holster, either on the back between the belt loops or under the front flap. it might be unmarked, but it might have the makers name and date, or a eagle over a Waa#. the gremans coded the plants making materials and gave them a Waa# instead of placing the name on it to try to keep the locations of manufacturing secret.

In that condition, I have seen similar rigs priced from $600-800. but I think they actually sell for around $450-500.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jaydond
    Top Bottom