• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I'm relatively new to INGO. But everyone here has made me feel quite at home here, already... so I don't feel awkward posting this.

My wifes' older sister has been having health problems for some time now. She developed the condition known as Fybromyalgia, I guess about a year or more ago. It's a terrible condition. I know, because I have it, as well.

The medical community (doctors, researchers, etc) don't understand much about it, or what causes it...... so no cure or real treatment has yet been developed. Briefly, it is where something in the nervous system goes 'hay-wire', especially at the motor points where the nerves and muscles come together.... and without warning, excruciating pain blazes thru most all the muscles in your body. Extra rest and pain meds are currently the only known therapy. You can have great days, and then one morning, wake up feeling as tho an entire train ran you over in your sleep.

Anyway, my sister-in-law also had her second heart attack about 2 weeks ago, and it permanently damaged her heart. One aorta and one ventricle of her heart were damaged by this. Last week, they moved her from the hospital to a hospice-type nursing home. My wife and I went to visit her on Friday.... and altho it was obvious that she was in pain and was very weak... she was fully coherent (as much as you can be on Morphine, anyway), and we spent about an hour and a half visiting with her. Even all laughed a few times, about old times, etc.

We intended to try and visit her again tonight. Unfortunately, we got a call early this afternoon..... that she had just passed away. Some of her children were at her side, and two or three of her other sisters happened to be there as well. My wife is, of course, very distraught at the loss.... tho we both know Tish is finally in a better place, and no longer in pain.

It will be a very difficult week for us, and the entire family. I feel I can speak for everyone close here, in asking for your thoughts and prayers for her children, her spouse, and extended family. It will certainly be appreciated. -Lee

Thanks, INGO......

Swim404

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    ATL
    I will be keeping your family and relatives in my prayers. I am sorry for your loss. I hope you are able to take comfort in Psalm 34:18.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Prayers inbound for you and your family; especially her children.

Very sad...How old are the kids?

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Tish was born in 1938, so her 'kids' are all grown up and have families of their own. She surely had a full and good life. My wife's one of seven sisters, and there were three brothers too. One brother survives..... but Tish is the first of the 'girls' to pass. They are a very loving and humble family....... and this is really tearing my wife up. And I really don't think it has fully 'hit' her yet, tho she did (just now) break down badly on her way from the bathroom back to bed. I am here for her, but there is really only One who can truly comfort us.... at a time like this.

Tish is in Gods' hands now (actually has been for a life time).... but she will know a peace that is unimaginable, here on Earth.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Tish was born in 1938, so her 'kids' are all grown up and have families of their own. She surely had a full and good life. My wife's one of seven sisters, and there were three brothers too. One brother survives..... but Tish is the first of the 'girls' to pass. They are a very loving and humble family....... and this is really tearing my wife up. And I really don't think it has fully 'hit' her yet, tho she did (just now) break down badly on her way from the bathroom back to bed. I am here for her, but there is really only One who can truly comfort us.... at a time like this.

Tish is in Gods' hands now (actually has been for a life time).... but she will know a peace that is unimaginable, here on Earth.

A death in the family is always hard, but knowing this makes me feel much better about the situation...When you said "kids" I was thinking about youngsters. Young kids losing their Mom would be MUCH worse IMO, so at least they have families of their own to give them comfort.

I'm still sorry for your/their loss though.

Top Bottom