Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    An incomplete but quick listing:
    • indoor or outdoor storage
    • ventilation of the storage room/shed/garage
    • open flames in the area (furnace, water heater, etc)
    • integrity of the container
    • security of the storage room/shed/garage

Okay how does this sound (storage wise).

Outdoor shed that has a window to allow for ventilation.
    Storage shed is now attached to the house but still a bit to close (bad part)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Okay how does this sound (storage wise).

Outdoor shed that has a window to allow for ventilation.
    Storage shed is now attached to the house but still a bit to close (bad part)

I'm guessing you wanted to type NOT instead of now.

But those storage conditions seem reasonable to me. Not sure if there are town ordinances that prohibit bulk fuel storage in your town. Out here in the country I'd suspect it would be fine. Your town may disagree.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sorry it was suppose to be NOT instead of NOW.
    My town is mute on the amount of fuel one can store in a residential lot. Guess nobody has ever thought about it (at the town center), the issue has not come up of being hazardous, no accidents have occurred, etc...

There is some rules for the "heavy industrial district" of the town with limits fuel not to exceed 500,000 gallons. But that is for a commercial lot.

From what I have read kerosene is not a violate as gasoline.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Indy317, I've read that story before. except I remember it as the guy was armed.

was the story cleaned up ? maybe I remember it wrong.

I cut and pasted it from the original post as is from the forum where it is located. I have posted it before, likely here even. My guess is that it was during a discussion on answering the door, and I likely gave it as an example why:

#1: Never answer the door, but make lots of noise as if there is an Army behind the door.
    #2: If the person just doesn't go away, answer them, but by yelling/intercom, don't open the door.
    #3: Always have a plan if something happens (ie: Someone tries to gain entry, knowing where a weapon is nearby, etc.).

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    I think you can make a generator that runs on gasoline stretch a bit longer than you might think. There are only a few things that need to run in an outage. If it is warm out, only the refrigerator needs to run. If you don't open the door it only needs to run for a couple of minutes every couple hours. If it is cold, the furnace for 10 minutes every hour. If it is raining (in my case) the sump pump. I keep 20 gallons of gas plus the 4 in my small generator for various reasons, bug out gas, bug in gas. If things did require more I have up to 50 gallons worth in the cars. It should get me through any bug in situation.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I've decided that a whole house ATS LP Generator is impractical and too costly for me. Was at a friends yesterday during the daytime and TV was on and then I realized that I heard his Generator running. He said yes that he had lost his power after the storm passed and the Generator kicked on (+1 for the Generator). We were leaving and headed into BTown for the day. Returned to his home 4 hours later to find the Generator still running but nothing on in the house as far as TV, lights etc. It's nice for convenience but too costly for me to operate an LP Generator when it isn't needed. I'll stick with a portable that I can regulate with intermittent use. His Generator is NG and if I had that option I might make a different decision.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just admit it 4sarge you like roughing it and thus why you won't pony up the money to buy the permanent generator. You are the reason why this economy is the way it is. You are not buying stuff! I7BO wants you to spend your money don't you know.

Top Bottom