• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IN50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Why is my post count down from about 35 to 8? I was trying to make good posts. I wasn't putting just "Cool" or something silly. I was trying to interact with other members.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is common among noobs. Some folks are a little reticent about engaging in the conversations and what they post looks to be "one-liners". The site is really guarded towards folks that will spam their way to 50 posts just to get to the classifieds. They/we want posters to contribute to the site with the classifieds being there as a perk rather than a trading site with a active forum as a side line.

This may not be your intention, but nobody really knows that but you. So, if you think about it from the site's stand point, I think you can understand. Just get involved, get to "know" a few folks, and have fun. The post count will take care of its self.

IN50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks for the feedback. I quess I need to write a paragraph each post. Now some of the things I wanted to continue on are gone since the posts are deleted. I don't care about the classified ads.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Thanks for the feedback. I quess I need to write a paragraph each post. Now some of the things I wanted to continue on are gone since the posts are deleted. I don't care about the classified ads.

After you're here for awhile, you'll understand and be able to spot the spammers a mile away. Welcome aboard:welcome:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Why is my post count down from about 35 to 8? I was trying to make good posts. I wasn't putting just "Cool" or something silly. I was trying to interact with other members.

Looking at your post history it doesn't appear that you were blatantly trying to make a run for the classifieds, but many of your posts didn't quite meet the quality post standard. For your first 50 posts its important to expound on your thoughts a bit more than giving simple answers. After 50 there is no such requirement.

Welcome to INGO and good luck. :ingo:

I havent done anything

Good luck

I am interested.

Carquest is the best

Google and friends

I have to pay this year

You have to start somewhere:)

IN50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I commented on things that matter to me. It all counts toward getting to know a person. Again I guess I need to write a paragraph for each reply. This is so silly.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I commented on things that matter to me. It all counts toward getting to know a person. Again I guess I need to write a paragraph for each reply. This is so silly.

It may seem silly to you, but there is good reason for it that has proven effective time and time again. Those who have been involved with INGO for longer than a few weeks have come to really appreciate the rule. Check out the INGO FAQ for a detailed reasoning.

While a paragraph isn't necessary, responses longer than a single line answer are certain to stick.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom