• ...and so much more!
  • Help Winamac with Poste and Plywood

• NO, Absolutely not!

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I have a post or two I can donate.

• I have some 4x8 plywood I can donate.

• I will be the treasurer and find the cheapest price on materials.

• Total voters

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    For years NWI INGO helped Winamac DNR Rife Range with posts and plywood for targets. When DNR Indianapolis Headquarters made a rule against range carry, a bunch of us got butt hurt and we stopped.

Hence this poll.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Some of us still went, some of us have started back and some will not go back until the rule is changed. Westill have a really good relationship with Winamac DNR. It would be nice to keep our good will going.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    I rode past there about 5 years back on the Crane Cruise. I‘ve not been as a visitor, though. Maybe this summer, now that I’ve a firearm!

Nonetheless, mark me down for a cash donation. I highly value our State’s parks, preserves, and other protected land. It’ll be nice to support this park under the community’s banner.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Some of us still went, some of us have started back and some will not go back until the rule is changed. Westill have a really good relationship with Winamac DNR. It would be nice to keep our good will going.
    ^this.

Note the donations wont change the rules but WINAMAC DNR had no say in the rule changes and did NOT like them either. It was the attorney at DNR HQ (Indy) that imposed the rules. :xmad:

The original core group that went no longer goes, the 2nd group has now started to go again. A mix of BOTH groups still do the annual WINAMAC/NWI INGO youth event.

In 2020 it was cancelled by DNR HQ (indy) due to COVID-19. No word yet on if 2021 will be cancelled or not.

WINAMC is always in need of plywood more than post. They finally were able to get permission to use the downed trees in the forest as post vs letting the wood rot. Plywood they have to buy out of their own local budget which means they have less funds for other stuff such as their yearly kids goose hunting event with 18ga shotguns or the kids fishing events in the summer.

So when we help with plywood it lessens the burden they have as DNR INDY keeps a tight leash on the funds.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Ya know, it never even crossed my mind when T and I made it to the October(?) Meet and shoot. We both OC’d but we’re largely hidden under light jackets. I’m sure both of us were quite visible. No one said a word, even had a decently long convo with the RO and gave her a couple cupcakes.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ya know, it never even crossed my mind when T and I made it to the October(?) Meet and shoot. We both OC’d but we’re largely hidden under light jackets. I’m sure both of us were quite visible. No one said a word, even had a decently long convo with the RO and gave her a couple cupcakes.

I was packing my stuff up and told the RO something, and she told me we're not supposed to have a gun on our hip.
    I was packing up. Literally leaving.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    When you carry ACIWB 99%of the time, very few folks admit to staring at your junk. Bonus, pretty comfortable driving and accessing. I tend to be on long drives.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I was packing my stuff up and told the RO something, and she told me we're not supposed to have a gun on our hip.
    I was packing up. Literally leaving.

:facepalm:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I can chip in some cash, but more than willing to use the truck to transport. Silverado and all sorts of ratchets and bungee cords. Even rope too as needed.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Pay no attention to my vote. My fat fingers voted unintentially while scrolling through on my phone. Not in my neck of the woods, I have no real opinion
    You can change your vote to remove it.

Top Bottom