• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rpcblast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Ok, so Ive had my 1911 for a lil over a month, and like it. However, I am realizing that it is not the easiest to CC. I mean its not uncomfortable, just impossible to make it not print. I am considering something a tad smaller, such as a colt defender for cc, something I can carry in my pocket. I want to stay with 45 so I only have to keep one type of ammo, and i do like the 1911 design/style, but am not totally closed to anything else.

I wantd to know your thoughts on the colt defender, and maybe other options as well. Also, would a pocket holster(preferably something wtih kydex) be the best way to conceal it?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Ok, so Ive had my 1911 for a lil over a month, and like it. However, I am realizing that it is not the easiest to CC. I mean its not uncomfortable, just impossible to make it not print. I am considering something a tad smaller, such as a colt defender for cc, something I can carry in my pocket. I want to stay with 45 so I only have to keep one type of ammo, and i do like the 1911 design/style, but am not totally closed to anything else.

I wantd to know your thoughts on the colt defender, and maybe other options as well. Also, would a pocket holster(preferably something wtih kydex) be the best way to conceal it?

Shoulder holster!

Or look at the Taurus compact .45's. 3rd gen Millennium Pro is a nice little gun, and easier to conceal than a full size 1911.

greed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I am a firm beleiver that all handgun calibers should start with a 4, but in the summer I often carry my Ruger LCP. I also have a fullsize kimber and a compact springfield armory, but those are easier to carry with more clothing. I carry in a sholder hoster and at the small of my back. Neither places print with the right cothing.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's funny, but I tend to carry my full size 1911 when I need deeper cover than normal, such as going to the symphony and stuff. I'm sure it's just a matter of holster availability for me, and the 1911 is the one that I've invested the most holster money in. I have a Mtac IWB tuckable that makes the 1911 disappear were as most of my other guns are carried in something like a Fobus paddle holster or the like.

I guess my point is that if you are going for deep cover, make sure you match the holster to the gun in whatever way works best for you. A 1911 can be concealed with a good holster and a 380 prints all day long with a cheap holster. The determining factor is what you're comfortable with. I'm only 5' 7" and can comfortably carry the full size 1911 concealed for about 4 hours. At that point, it starts to make itself known. I can, and do, carry a 9mm Bersa all day long without even noticing it on my side with and OWB holster and an untucked shirt. One of these days, I'll give an ankle holster a try with either of my 380s for deep concealment.

Last edited:

rpcblast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Currently I use a crossbread supertuck, andits not bad, it just prints when I bend over. Tucked or untucked, people who also carry/are into guns can make me pretty quick. I usually wear it around my waist, at about the 3 oclock position.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If you want to stick with the 1911 format, several makers offer very compact 3 1/2" 1911s. The Sig P238 is a little .380 that follows the 1911 format, and is much smaller and lighter than any usable .45 could hope to be.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I have a Kimber Tactical Ultra II that has a 3" barrel that I carry in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 IWB that is very easy to conceal and very comfortable to carry. Prior to getting the Sparks VM2 I carried it in a Comp-Tac MTAC IWB.

Here is a Pic of my Tactical Ultra II,

Kimber_TU_005.jpg

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Glock 27 is my favorite. It meets the desire to have the 4+ caliber. You can carry the standard 9 round mags or some with the Pearce extension (up to +2) when you have more room or want to target practice at the range.

My :twocents:...

latigo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bloomfield
    I have a Kahr PM45 and pocket carry in an Uncle mikes pocket holster. I too have a Kimber Ultra Pro as pictured but fine myself pocket carrying the Kahr most of the time with an extra mag in my other pocket.

Top Bottom