• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It was an inept bunch.

Why would you try a coup when the sitting President is not even in the country?

Why would you allow major news services to stay on the air to enable the President to get messages out to the people of the country?

Because coups are difficult?
    You have to decide who to trust.
    Get enough on your side.
    Even though they said the "military", how many were really on their side?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Because coups are difficult?
    You have to decide who to trust.
    Get enough on your side.
    Even though they said the "military", how many were really on their side?
    Yes they are difficult. The first things you have to do to have a chance to succeed are get the current leader and control the media. They could not do the first, and did not try to do the second for hours.

They either vastly missed on their estimate of popular support they would get, or they were tricked/lied to by someone. All they did was hand the country to Erdogan on a silver platter.

I wonder if they will tell the world who the infiltrator was that helped push these guys into this coup.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Anyone else talking about this? It was early on that they were blaming some guy in Pennsylvania, this must be him.

I thought it was convenient that the president was out of town during the coup. A failed coup would be one way to purge the country of your detractors.

It's becoming much more widely speculated on. The current purge has gone far wider than those who appear to have been involved in the coup attempt. Erdogan was never in serious physical danger as he was not in the country when this happened.

They have dismissed 2,745 judges across the country. Looks like Erdogan is taking this opportunity to reshape the government more to his liking.

The Counter-Coup Begins: Erdogan Purges 2,745 Judges, Prosecutors; Arrests Hundreds | Zero Hedge

Yeah. This is a coup, but I'm beginning to think the military was setup.
    When military coups take place in the middle-east, they are i) ruthless, ii) extremely well-organized and planned, and iii) succeed on virtually every occasion. But not this one.

Just think about the issue with the judges. Turkey has been a secular state for some time. Erdogan is an Islamist. What better way to bring in sharia law quickly than to purge military, judges, and others who have supported that secular system?

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You need to be more paranoid. Picture Erdogan's security people finding out about the coup. If you're Erdogan and you're sure it won't have enough resources to succeed, what better way to push past resistance to your complete take-over?

Brief bloody coup that fails followed by state of emergency/martial law and you become the Putin of the Bosporus (your goal all along)

Swear allegience to the caliphate, play your cards right and BECOME the Caliph

Told ya'

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wonder what will become of the Americans based there, had a nephew serving there a year ago.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So.... Every islamist country is a ****hole....
    The ones with oil money export islamist ideals to keep their piece relatively quiet....
    There is a connection here but I can't put my finger on it.
    So turkey.... islamist **** hole or terrorism exporter.... What do the odds look like?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So what happens now? A fake coup to build up the Islamic presence in Turkey.... Turkey essentially to become Iran.

Does anyone intervene? Does terrorism rise/decline?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So what happens now? A fake coup to build up the Islamic presence in Turkey.... Turkey essentially to become Iran.

Does anyone intervene? Does terrorism rise/decline?

I'm going with lower terrorist attacks in Turkey, and increased terrorism funding, promotion and export to secular societies. All according to plan.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I pray it's not another Benghazi. We should roll in C17's with F-22's for cover and bring our troops and airmen home.
    I don't imagine that Obama will do much in that regard.

If he had any sense (which I doubt) he would at least pre-position the assets necessary to accomplish this should it become necessary

Top Bottom