• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    With budget cuts everywhere in our justice departments throughout the US, The American citizen can no longer rely on 911, Nobody will show up. You have to defend yourself.

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    I'll never understand the mentality of people calling this "hilljack justice" (comment #14). There's nothing wrong with Mr Kusar (and friends) protecting his own property. Well done guys.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I think that more sheriffs departments should be willing to offer training to any citizens willing to volunteer and help out. I'm not saying that people should go looking for a reason to fight, but if there are people who are armed and willing to assist... offer them training in citizen law enforcement.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I think that more sheriffs departments should be willing to offer training to any citizens willing to volunteer and help out. I'm not saying that people should go looking for a reason to fight, but if there are people who are armed and willing to assist... offer them training in citizen law enforcement.

And for people like you I would say...........check into your area's reserve programs.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Army reserve? Or reserve for local law enforcement?

edit: I see you are from Noblesville. I just moved to Noblesville from Westfield and I would be HAPPY to help out the NPD or Sheriff's department if I knew they needed it. I just want a safe community!

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Army reserve? Or reserve for local law enforcement?

edit: I see you are from Noblesville. I just moved to Noblesville from Westfield and I would be HAPPY to help out the NPD or Sheriff's department if I knew they needed it. I just want a safe community!

Law enforcement reserve..........and I know Hamilton County has a decent sized reserve division.......you should give it a whirl if your intrested

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I take issue with the comment that this was "vigilante justice."

This was not vigilante justice. It was a well regulated militia defending their wives and children. Our Declaration of Independence argues that governments are instituted among humanity to secure our basic rights and provide for the common defense. It also says that when government can no longer fulfill these responsibilities, it is the right and duty of the people to alter or abolish that government. A well ordered militia must be maintained to provide for the common defense. In this case, the citizens performed their function admirably. They provided for the common defense, and delivered the accused to those appointed to adjudicate the matter. This is not vigilante justice. It is just a basic demonstration of how a republic is supposed to work. Would someone please educate the mayors of Chicago and New York so they can understand how representative government works. Maybe then they will understand they are our representatives, not our rulers.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I take issue with the comment that this was "vigilante justice."

This was not vigilante justice. It was a well regulated militia defending their wives and children. Our Declaration of Independence argues that governments are instituted among humanity to secure our basic rights and provide for the common defense. It also says that when government can no longer fulfill these responsibilities, it is the right and duty of the people to alter or abolish that government. A well ordered militia must be maintained to provide for the common defense. In this case, the citizens performed their function admirably. They provided for the common defense, and delivered the accused to those appointed to adjudicate the matter. This is not vigilante justice. It is just a basic demonstration of how a republic is supposed to work. Would someone please educate the mayors of Chicago and New York so they can understand how representative government works. Maybe then they will understand they are our representatives, not our rulers.
    ^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^ I think it is great, Reserves, a good idea too..
    but you just don't volunteer, for the Reserves, they must "want" you,
    and if "they" don't, you can apply all you want, and you're, just wast
    ing time, ink, and paper.....

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    And for people like you I would say...........check into your area's reserve programs.

I have done this in every area I have lived in, and in every instance, there were NO open slots, EVER, because the reserve programs were filled to the gills with PD cronies who's only interests were soaking up the $20/hr security money they made working the local festivals and high school sporting events. Most of them "worked" the bare minimum required to hold their slot. In the town I grew up in, one of the reserves "worked" one shift per year, and wrote one ticket on that annual shift.

Sadly, another good idea ruined by politics.

No disrespect meant to the OP of course, just relaying my personal experiences.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    I'm going back to the story from the OP. They only had 2 officers patrolling. Which raises my question how does the town or county believe that is a sufficient amount of officers for public safety. For instances what if there were 2 calls that the officers were seperately on and both needed back up?

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I'm going back to the story from the OP. They only had 2 officers patrolling. Which raises my question how does the town or county believe that is a sufficient amount of officers for public safety. For instances what if there were 2 calls that the officers were seperately on and both needed back up?

Most County's have City's, Township, or Village, police departments in them also! so they can slip out and back up other Officers if need be!! We had that same thing in our County a few years back, we only had one car for the whole county after 3:00 am, so the other departments filled in where they could!! :D

Top Bottom