• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Glad the OPs experience went well for him. I'd love to break like 3-4 laws and then have the police ask me some questions...

"Can I take your weapon and break it down, giving you 0 tickets and costing you a few seconds in reassembly since we're both being cool today? Or, do you want to scream about all that I have just mentioned, give me a hard time, and receive your 4 tickets?"

I'd be like, "hold on, I have another one in my glove box if it makes you feel better!". I don't want any tickets!

I'm not anti guns, nor anti LEO (I am anti BAD LEO), but there is not curve here. Either your the perfect specimen of LEO or you've made some tiny discrepancy and your a horrible rights violating POS. This is seriously just getting out of hand.

I love this too: No one addressed any of these because most of these are just ridiculous...

Criminal conversion. Nobody wants to go there.

Other things nobody wants to address.

• Officer loses pin from inside gun.
    • Officer scratches up the slide of a $2000 gun.
    • Officer is not really a police officer.
    • Negligent discharge due to all that monkeying around with guns in public.
    • A real criminal shows up at the scene and the citizen has been disarmed.
    • Real criminals don't admit they have a gun.
    • LTCH holders are among the most law-abiding segment of society.
    • Usually people about to go on a unprovoked rampage carry more than one gun.
    • How anyone can defend the 2nd amendment but tolerate infringements like this.

You guys want to talk about sheeple, explain how this kept anyone safer. Include as much emotion and as many headlines as you need to.

Gun control arguments never cease to amaze me. I supposed you all support gun-free-victim-zones too. Helps calm your nerves right?

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    How is an officer suppose to know you won’t be a threat? Because you said please and thank you? Because you had a LTCH? Because you said so?

Just wondering.

Is it too much for me to expect the same level of presumption of innocence as the officer expects his presumption of not being a JBT? How do I know he won't be a threat to me? Because he has a uniform and a badge? Because he says so?

I give every officer the utmost respect in any business dealings until he's given me reason otherwise. Is expecting the same in return too much to ask?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "Can I take your weapon and break it down, giving you 0 tickets and costing you a few seconds in reassembly since we're both being cool today? Or, do you want to scream about all that I have just mentioned, give me a hard time, and receive your 4 tickets?"

Everybody has their price for giving up their rights.

Either your the perfect specimen of LEO or you've made some tiny discrepancy and your a horrible rights violating POS. This is seriously just getting out of hand.

When it comes to the 2nd Amendment, its clear enough for me. "Shall not be infringed."

I don't see any exceptions for cops who have negative feelings about citizens being armed in his presence.

I love this too: No one addressed any of these because most of these are just ridiculous...
    Those situations are just as real as the remote chance of being attacked by a LTCH holder without cause. A person who went through the trouble to go to the Police Department, give over his fingerprints, get a background check, pay the tax, and follow the law. Maybe you gun controllers need to loosen YOUR tin foil hats.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Maybe *I* would *feel* safer if the cop disassembled *his* gun and left it in his trunk. I think my life, and my safety, and my feelings are worth just as much as his are. And that silly, liberal request would hold just as much standing under the law, and would do just as much good in "making us safe. (NONE). We both have an equal right to be armed.

There are stories on both side of the badge about people getting wrongfully killed. I don't see why either side needs to trust the other or feel safe around the other. Both should be armed. Ignorant gun control requests aren't saving lives the way you folks think they are. If you can't deal with the public without violating the constitution, then don't deal the public. Those oaths are supposed to mean something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom