• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Haha. I was thinking along those lines too after he said he was a firefighter. I'm pretty sure that was just LEO's having some fun at his expense. That goes around..

To answer malern28's question, no I wasn't asked if I had a weapon. But as I said in my post, I think it's best to avoid surprises during a traffic stop. Say..him noticing my gun while I'm going for my wallet.

As the joke goes, I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop. I'm not too worried about being unarmed with cruiser lit up on my 6 and his buddies orbiting. I had my Glock reassembled in a matter of seconds, it simply guaranteed him the time to safely return to his car.No big deal.

:dunno: surely you don't mean that!!!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    While the deputy did have the authority to secure the firearm during the traffic stop, he did not have the authority to disable it by disassembly.

And in doing so he committed criminal conversion, which is a class A misdemeanor.

I have no problems with LEO's who act within their granted authority, however I do have a problem with LEO's who act outside of the confines of the very laws that they are sworn to uphold.

Criminal conversion. Nobody wants to go there.

Other things nobody wants to address.

• Officer loses pin from inside gun.
    • Officer scratches up the slide of a $2000 gun.
    • Officer is not really a police officer.
    • Negligent discharge due to all that monkeying around with guns in public.
    • A real criminal shows up at the scene and the citizen has been disarmed.
    • Real criminals don't admit they have a gun.
    • LTCH holders are among the most law-abiding segment of society.
    • Usually people about to go on a unprovoked rampage carry more than one gun.
    • How anyone can defend the 2nd amendment but tolerate infringements like this.

You guys want to talk about sheeple, explain how this kept anyone safer. Include as much emotion and as many headlines as you need to.

Gun control arguments never cease to amaze me. I supposed you all support gun-free-victim-zones too. Helps calm your nerves right?

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    sure wish they made vaccines for stupid ppl!

of course, some of those ppl would post a thread about it somewhere, saying they aren't that stupid to need one......

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So is every cop a potential JBT? Am I right if I assume that? It goes both ways.
    Everyone "could" be anything. I am suspicious of EVERYONE but most would not notice that I'm thinking that. I won't talk to you any different but I will keep my distance when doing so. I keep my gun hand free, I watch hands, I may or may not shake your hand, etc. Just because I don't trust you does not mean I will automatically treat you differently. We may have a pleasant conversation but I will still remain in condition orange. One of my favorite quotes is by USMC General James Mattis, "Be polite...be professional...but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    sure wish they made vaccines for stupid ppl!

of course, some of those ppl would post a thread about it somewhere, saying they aren't that stupid to need one......

That was easier than addressing any of my points or questions wasn't it?

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    :dunno: surely you don't mean that!!!

As in the inconvenience of reassembling my weapon was no big deal.

Rambone, I'm not interested in a debate, those never go anywhere. I'll just give you my :twocents: on your points.

I'll just say if I have any doubt in my mind as to the identity of someone pulling me over I know how to handle it. The Deputy's actions made him safer. In the conditions of a traffic stop, it's my belief the officer is the person at elevated risk. He had me remove my mag and round from the chamber before handing him the weapon. I'd hope people were familiar enough with their carry weapons not have a negligent discharge, but I'll concede this practice increases that risk. LTCH holders are typically some of the most law abiding citizens in my experience..well minus my like 3 violations that resulted in this stop..

No, I don't support gun free zones. One of my biggest annoyances is that I can fly a twin engine jet aircraft 500 feet above the buildings of campus on short final, but I can't carry a handgun on it. This quote comes to mind. "In any life or death situation where every second counts, law enforcement is only a few minutes away." Emphasizing the seconds vs. the minutes..as that quote is often misinterpreted.

I don't have faith in LE to be every where all the time, but I have no problem deferring to their expertise when they're present. I believe the deputy's actions increased officer safety. Apparently you could possibly construe them as a misdemeanor, that's your prerogative should you find yourself in this situation, but I'm fine with the practice. That's all I'm going to say on this, I think you've been around long enough to know it wouldn't go anywhere.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I have only had one "negative" occurence with an officer during a traffic stop. I was pulled over(seatbelt I think) and the officer seen my permit in my wallet and asked me if I had a gun in the car. After asking me 3 times and me still saying no since I did not have one in the car he eventually let it go. However, he did check my permit to find to my surprise that it had just expired...oops. He tore my expired permit up but didn't give me a ticket and sent me on my way. I went to the police station right after that to send in for my lifetime permit. So it was possibly a good thing in the end being stopped as I didn't get caught later carrying with an expired permit.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    GROW A SET, would ya?

I think the people who just give up their rights then come post about it on the internet wondering why their gun is unloaded or taken apart, or serial numbers ran, or pointed at them, etc, are the ones who need to grow a set.

seriously though, why do people consent to searches or having their rights trampled then come post about it here? you think we are gonna give you a cup cake? many of us here are very staunch supporters of the constitution so why would we do anything but be upset? I think threads like this one are intentional just to get a desired response and fuel the fire.

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I think the people who just give up their rights then come post about it on the internet wondering why their gun is unloaded or taken apart, or serial numbers ran, or pointed at them, etc, are the ones who need to grow a set.

seriously though, why do people consent to searches or having their rights trampled then come post about it here? you think we are gonna give you a cup cake? many of us here are very staunch supporters of the constitution so why would we do anything but be upset? I think threads like this one are intentional just to get a desired response and fuel the fire.

The intent of this thread was to provide a perspective different from the very vocal anti-LEO views often expressed on this site. When I got on here I had no experience dealing with carrying and interacting with LE and was disturbed to see the widely held sentiment that LE views people that carry concealed weapons as cop killers in training treating them as such. After my first hand experience I was happy to find that had not been the case and felt it was worth relaying to others.

Last edited:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    The intent of this thread was to provide a perspective different from the very vocal anti-LEO views often expressed on this site. When I got on here I had no experience dealing with carrying and interacting with LE and was disturbed to see the widely held sentiment that LE views people that carry concealed weapons as cop killers in training treating them as such. After my first hand experience I was happy to find that had not been the case and felt it was worth relaying to others.
    Thanks for the positive thread!
    And you'll quickly learn that the "Ignore" feature is your friend here. :D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

ANTI-LEO? or ANTI-BAD LEO? because there is a difference. If i refuse a unlawful order from a cop, and sue his department or post about my experience, or bash a bad cop, which one am I? because all I have dont is bash bad cops here and bad actions that are not right. I am trying to change the way I go about some things so I dont hurt the good cops by the way I put things, but that word ANTI-LEO getting thrown around by some uninformed people here is getting old.

if you wanna give up your rights to people then go ahead. just dont post it up here and then ask why it was done in a way you didnt like (your gun not only being unloaded, but disassembled, unnecessarily). or if you give permission for the cops to search your car, dont get mad and post about it when they rip out your ****ing dash board looking for drugs that arent there, when all you thought would happen is a quick once over,

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    The Deputy's actions made him safer.

Are you saying your a threat to law enforcement? :dunno:

A deputy taking my firearm isn't making himself any safer because I will never be a threat to them.

Shouldn't that say it made him FEEL safer. Which we all know doesn't really increase safety.

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Are you saying your a threat to law enforcement? :dunno:

A deputy taking my firearm isn't making himself any safer because I will never be a threat to them.

Shouldn't that say it made him FEEL safer. Which we all know doesn't really increase safety.

Good point. But I'd say it's unreasonable to assume every person that declares a weapon actually holds an LTCH or that having an LTCH immidiately rules a person out as a threat.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    How is an officer suppose to know you won’t be a threat? Because you said please and thank you? Because you had a LTCH? Because you said so?

Just wondering.

they dont. now take your statement and flip it. thats exactly how I feel. I dont know they arent a threat to me either. I will be respectful by refusing to give any statement or answer any questions. hands on the wheel. give me my ticket and go on our seperate ways. I will let my past ZERO criminal history speak for itself. if they still think im gonna try and kill them after they verify who I am, then whatever. is that easy or what? or maybe you would like it if I give a statement to self incriminate myself on another charge? not gonna happen

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    How is an officer suppose to know you won’t be a threat? Because you said please and thank you? Because you had a LTCH? Because you said so?

Just wondering.

Yes simply because I said so, I know myself better than they do.:D

How am I supposed to know the officer wont pull me out of my car and throw me against the hood to disarm me? How am I supposed to know he wont ask for my weapon then point it at my head while inspecting it and accidentally shoot me or someone else?

I can say without a doubt I will not be a threat but can an officer say without a doubt he wont accidentally discharge my firearm.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Yes simply because I said so, I know myself better than they do.:D

How am I supposed to know the officer wont pull me out of my car and throw me against the hood to disarm me? How am I supposed to know he wont ask for my weapon then point it at my head while inspecting it and accidentally shoot me or someone else?

I can say without a doubt I will not be a threat but can an officer say without a doubt he wont accidentally discharge my firearm.
    You don't!!
    But if you'd loosen up that tin foil hat a little your brain might get enough blood to function reasonably. :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom