• Status
    Not open for further replies.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Adding to my above comments, to me informing the officer that I'm carrying is like turning on my dome light and leaving my hands on the steering wheel as they approach. I want every message that I send the officer to say "I'm a good guy. Treat me as such."

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    You know what I wish? I wish everybody would make my job easier and make me feel more comfortable and at ease while I was working...

What a wonderful world it would be.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    You know what I wish? I wish everybody would make my job easier and make me feel more comfortable and at ease while I was working...

What a wonderful world it would be.

I'll see if I can find you a good deal on one of those massager seats for your truck. Would that make things more comfortable? :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    in ohio we have to inform, but if the cop takes the weapon it has to be returned in the same state he took it in. which i like and don't like. if he doesn't you sue the police department and usually get a 1,500-2,000 dollar settlement and the cop gets 2 weeks off. i still don't like informing as it puts everyone at risk when an officer wants to disarm you and handle an unfamiliar firearm.

we are working very diligantly to have inform officer removed, however our chl is still connected with our car tags (if they're registered in our name)

however if we don't have a gun on us we're not required to tell the officer anything. however all the cops say to tell them becasue they see it. i just laugh

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Geez, the op states that he "shot between them and up to 75 mph" & "had both tail lights out in addition to "driving like a bat out of hell"

Well let's see the officer could have done......

Written him up for reckless driving because the shot between the cars could have been construed as that, taken him to jail and had his vehicle towed....

Written him up for his tail lights being out....

Written him up for a 75 in a 55, or....

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!

Instead, this so called Jack Boot thug let him off with out even a warning.

Granted I might have been a little peeved, that is until I realized that this JBT just let me off the hook on everything that could have cost me SEVERAL THOUSAND $$$, along with the life long increase in insurance rates.

So how about you guys stop and think a little bit, want what happened to the OP and get off scott free, or be twisted like a pretzel and out a ton of $$$'s to boot.

Can't some of you guys just try and let it rest for ONE week?

I'm tired of hearing about this anti LEO crap, you girlie guys need to get a life and moved to someplace where your rights can be really trashed on a daily basis, then you just might realize just how darn good it is here.
    :ranton:
    very well put IBM, as far as the Haters go......ppl just need to learn to swallow their pride, believe what they want to believe, and stop with the hate post.

BTW, all of these haters, I'd love to see them get pulled over. They are probably some of the most polite sheeple that LEO ever have to interact with. They talk all big and bad behind a computer but out in the real world they never look other ppl eye to eye!

GROW A SET, would ya?

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    -1 for living in such fear

Can you blame officers for living in “fear” anymore. Look how many officers were slain this past month. Look at all the stories of people going crazy out there.

In this day and age you have to assume that everyone is [STRIKE]the bad guy[/STRIKE] a threat until proven otherwise. That is if you want to go home to your wife and kids at the end of the day.

Last edited:

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    very well put IBM, as far as the Haters go......ppl just need to learn to swallow their pride, believe what they want to believe, and stop with the hate post.

BTW, all of these haters, I'd love to see them get pulled over. They are probably some of the most polite sheeple that LEO ever have to interact with. They talk all big and bad behind a computer but out in the real world they never look other ppl eye to eye!

GROW A SET, would ya?

While the deputy did have the authority to secure the firearm during the traffic stop, he did not have the authority to disable it by disassembly.

And in doing so he committed criminal conversion, which is a class A misdemeanor.

I have no problems with LEO's who act within their granted authority, however I do have a problem with LEO's who act outside of the confines of the very laws that they are sworn to uphold.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Some people's pride here is equivalent to garage sale pride, it's where they price something $20.00 that should be $5.00, because it's theirs, they feel the justification to over price it.

GROW A SET, would ya?

HAHAHA!!

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    i've had it go both ways. But most of my experiences were positive. We have real professionals out here in the sticks(morristown) Town marshall actually waves at people and we wave back. Wish it copuld be that nice everywhere.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Can you blame officers for living in “fear” anymore. Look how many officers were slain this past month. Look at all the stories of people going crazy out there.

In this day and age you have to assume that everyone is the bad guy until proven otherwise. That is if you want to go home to your wife and kids at the end of the day.

That's a presumption of guilt, which is the exact opposite of a presumption of innocence, which our judicial system is supposed to operate under.

If a law enforcement officer presumes that "everyone is guilty, until proven innocent in a court of law" then perhaps law enforcement is not the proper career choice for that individual.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    That's a presumption of guilt, which is the exact opposite of a presumption of innocence, which our judicial system is supposed to operate under.

If a law enforcement officer presumes that "everyone is guilty, until proven innocent in a court of law" then perhaps law enforcement is not the proper career choice for that individual.
    I think he meant to say everyone is a potential threat...not guilty. Everyone is a potential threat. That is why my head is on a swivel, I am constantly checking everyone out. It is second nature and an officer safety issue. However ALL could benefit from the same practice, not just LEO.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think he meant to say everyone is a potential threat...not guilty. Everyone is a potential threat. That is why my head is on a swivel, I am constantly checking everyone out. It is second nature and an officer safety issue. However ALL could benefit from the same practice, not just LEO.

So is every cop a potential JBT? Am I right if I assume that? It goes both ways.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Glad you are O.K., SSDD.

He look your pistol apart? Did you practice putting it together with your eyes closed while driving?:D

When the IMPD took my pistol he just took the 1911 and left me with the other two on me. Don't know why they think people just carry one.:dunno:

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    You got off lucky. That in itself should be PC to perform SFSTs.

Haha. I was thinking along those lines too after he said he was a firefighter. I'm pretty sure that was just LEO's having some fun at his expense. That goes around..

To answer malern28's question, no I wasn't asked if I had a weapon. But as I said in my post, I think it's best to avoid surprises during a traffic stop. Say..him noticing my gun while I'm going for my wallet.

As the joke goes, I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop. I'm not too worried about being unarmed with cruiser lit up on my 6 and his buddies orbiting. I had my Glock reassembled in a matter of seconds, it simply guaranteed him the time to safely return to his car. No big deal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom