• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    friday my wife and i were on the way to Kingsbury to shoot, but were involved in an accident that totaled our truck. I was worried as to what would transpire because of the firearms in the truck and on myself along with other problems. the paramedics arrived and started to assist wy wife and the other cars occupants. the sherif's police arrived and asked for drivers information license registration & proof of Ins. I handed them my info.along with my carry permit that was in the same case as my other information and notified that i had a bunch of guns in the back seat of the truck. NO problems at all they showed No concern .When it was determined that the truck would have to be towed to an impound lot and my wife would go to Mich. City to the hospital to be checked out they assisted with storing the guns in an outside compartment of the ambiance and asked me to also place my personal carry in their also. They commented on the nice grips i had on them. As we were going to the hospital in the ambulance the driver commented on how he liked to shoot at Kingsbury and that security would meet us at the hospital to take the firearms to a locker so the guns would be safe .I was worried that the guns could go missing if not taken care of and( i was more worrier about my wife than the guns).When the hospital was through checking out the wife and she was discharged the security officer carried all the firearms and ammunition (quite a load )to my son's car for me . NO bad experiences and all the people who were involved acted very professionally .Today i called the Porter Co.Sherrif and thanked him and his officers ,He said that this is something(carry permits) they have learned to deal with and appreciated my notifying the officers . A BIG ATTA BOY TO THE PORTER COUNTY SHERIF'S DEPARTMENT.I see a lot of post on how bad the police act and thought this needed to be said.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Not all deptartments are so nice,or individual officers,glad it went ok, i often wonder if I was in a wreck how the gun thing would go down because I usually have several with me,always going to the range.

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Glad you and wife are okay!!

Props when props are due. Although... I'm not sure they should be congratulated for actually following the law. It's rather sad when we have to high five each other when cops actually do their jobs properly.

Last edited:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I have never personally had a bad experience with the police that I didn't deserve, and those were in high school. I'm a cop fan till I have a personal reason not to, and even if I do I'll probably write it off as a stupid individual. :twocents:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Props when props are due. Although... I'm not sure they should be congratulated for actually following the law. It's rather sad when we have to high five each other when cops actually do their jobs properly.

Another angle to look at is the fact that we should be telling our elected officials when they're doing it right. Just like any other person, it's good to know that the people that pay your paycheck think you're doing a good job. While it certainly shouldn't take congratulations or high-fives to get them to do things right, that doesn't mean that we can't tell them that we appreciate it when they do get it right.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Lot of downers in this thread!

I'm glad you and your wife are OK, and sorry about the truck!

It's good to hear when things work out well. It's too often that we focus on the negative events and forget that the vast majority of folks (LEOs, EMTs, etc...) are actually good people just doing their job the best they know how.

Another +1 to the guys and gals in Porter Co. that are watching out for us.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    As said before, props when props are due. Good job to the Porter county guys, the EMS guys, and hospital security. It IS a good thing when three different groups of people GET IT, and do it right. Thank you, guys and gals of Porter County.

JAH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    That was excellent (not the accident) when I had my motorcycle accident I informed the responding officer that I was armed. He asked if I could retrive it, when I did and handed it to him, he thanked me and safed it. my wife retrieved it the next day. /no problems or issues here either. Allen County specifically New Haven PD

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    that is cool there not all that nice.......

Actually most of us are.

Glad you and wife are okay!!

See above on why it is nice to see and attaboy every once in a while, the truth is every day cops go above and beyond "the call of duty" but that doesn't really make interesting news so instead you get to read about the few percentage who are idiots.

Top Bottom