• ...and so much more!
  • semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Scout%20Sniper%20Kopfjager.jpeg
    A t shirt from hardcharger.com. I don't feel it means support of the nazi ss.

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Is that the symbol that was pictured?

ETA: from the photo below, that is a little too runic and an obvious allusion to the SS symbol of WWII.

Last edited:

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I don't see a problem with it. Sure the letters are the same but they aren't placed like the Nazi SS banner, neither do they have the skull. I thought guys here didn't like political correctness anyways?

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Just another attempt to criticize our troops with sensationalist garbage. If the Marine Corps does not like the symbol than change it but don't go give any credence to the "they must be nazis's crap".

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    IMHO, those guys should be smarter than that. I mean, c'mon. I cannot believe that elite forces like that have never heard of the German SS.

So, they knew of the reference and used it anyway. Bad judgment.

Yes, Virginia, we do not exist in a historical vacuum. Pick a different stylization of the letter SS. The Secret Service does, too.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    IMHO, those guys should be smarter than that. I mean, c'mon. I cannot believe that elite forces like that have never heard of the German SS.

So, they knew of the reference and used it anyway. Bad judgment.

Yes, Virginia, we do not exist in a historical vacuum. Pick a different stylization of the letter SS. The Secret Service does, too.

You kinda took the words right out of my head.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    You've got to look into why they chose that instead of something original though, is it because of just "naive mistake" or is it deeper into the issues of gangs and white supremacist and Nazi groups having a statistically increased presence in the military, and in this instance bubbling to the surface. Regardless it is something that certainly doesn't look good when associated with the Marines, but from my chair I can't look into the reasons anywhere near as close as those in the service that investigated the matter, and so I am required to put faith and trust in their judgement.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    A question of intent.

We sometimes forget how young those carrying the gear for us are. At the time of the photo most were born in what 1989 or 1990?

Talk to some of the senior Sgts. and WOs who had the most interaction with the young studs over there. Sometimes the frame of reference is . . . different or perhaps tilted via lack of years.

If the USMC sees no problem, then I see no problem.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    I see no problem, looks to me like some people with way to much time on thier hands stirring the pot. Way to much of this going on fellas! Leave our boys alone they are doing one hell of a job! Semper Fi Marines!

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I think people have taken this way out of context and thinking too deeply into it. I guess maybe because Im "young, with a different frame of reference". It obviously stands for Scout Sniper, and being that the SS troops were as known as the most deadly and feared of the German troops, they relate to a Scout Sniper who is just as deadly and feared on the battlefield. It has nothing at all to do with being involved in a white supremacy organization or any sort of Nazi-ism.

Top Bottom