• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El Pistolero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2015
    Fishers
    Has anyone tried this place? It is a training facility on the northside of Indy. I looked them up and found a news story on YouTube. They have this virtual reality training system, where you shoot a Glock 17 retrofitted with laser targetting and CO2 blowback. So you shoot at the bad guys on a large screen and the gun kicks, but no actual round were fired. They even have an airsoft turret that shoots you to simulate bad guys shooting back. They claim this is a training system used by police/military/badasses but I would not know.

Just want to hear someone else's opinion before I go blow my $50 on the first session. Does it make you a better shooter or is it a load of puffery?

Video I saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UKdSCCZtVI

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Its good. Great even and lots of fun. I paid a lot more than $50 to do a corporate outing there. I approached it pretty skeptically, but I came away a better shooter after having shot the simulator.

El Pistolero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2015
    Fishers
    How was their instruction? They definitely play up their trainers and I would definitely like it if their training is as good as advertised!

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    How was their instruction? They definitely play up their trainers and I would definitely like it if their training is as good as advertised!
    Too little time spent, ~3 hours, to judge. Jesse obviuosly knows how to shoot, but As one knows, sometimes the best teachers arent the best practitioners necessarily. Luck would have trouble teaching me to throw a football, eg and I dont know that Travis Haley, Costa, etc would be great instructors for me at my beginner level?

All in all, Jesse was very professional, obviously proficient, and plain nice. His equipment allowed a level and type of training that you can't get elsewhere. Multiple moving targets, drawing from the holster, rapid fire, safer than driving a car, and so on.

Top Bottom