• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    In case anybody was interested I can let you know it is a gun free zone they have signs posted and a million LEO walking around so I wasn't gonna try turning my OWB into a concealed carry with a light shirt.

Further updates.....

Fried Veggies.....mmmmm outstanding 7.00
    Fried Cheeses....mmmmm outstanding 8.00
    Elephant ear......mmmmm outstanding 4.00
    Fried Oreo.........mmmmm outstanding 3.00

Feeling like you want to die...................22.00

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Marion County Fair was the same way with the addition of much higher prices. ONE chicken skewer was FOUR DOLLARS. At the Tipton Pork Festival, you get three or four for that price.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm sure all of the armed & criminally insane will be sure to heed the signs.

How many tickets to ride the "Victim of a mass shooting" ride?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    They have those signs at the Lake County Fair Grounds also, posted all year long.... Kinda neat when you goto the Crown Point gun show held there with your firearm with you.... :-)

I believe all they can legally do is ask you to leave, as the property is paid for by public taxes, and it's not a municipal building....

Really kind of interesting how the county opens themselves up to civil lawsuits when dis-arming someone that is probaly carrying all the time anyway's and then they take that right away and make themselves responsible for your health if one of these nut cases get loose at the fair....

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I wasn't sure what the legal status was of the Marion County Fairgrounds, if it was an IndyParks property or not, and I saw at least one off-duty cop get stopped and asked to produce ID. Of course, being a cop, he was allowed to carry.

I'm not gonna mention the MCSD uniformed officer that was 150 pounds overweight with the back corner of his shirt untucked. Professional!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    As an owner of a Food concessions business, the prices directly relate to the "HIGH" cost of doing business.

After buying an IRP license plate this week for 1 truck that travels 1600 miles a year at the HIGH COST of $659 dollars is is no wonder the concessionaire has to charge what they do.

Go to the Sate Fair where 30% comes off the top before any bill is paid out of the dollar taken in.

I could go on on on but for anyone who says the concessions stands are "rip off"
    has not a clue!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    In case anybody was interested I can let you know it is a gun free zone they have signs posted and a million LEO walking around so I wasn't gonna try turning my OWB into a concealed carry with a light shirt.

Further updates.....

Fried Veggies.....mmmmm outstanding 7.00
    Fried Cheeses....mmmmm outstanding 8.00
    Elephant ear......mmmmm outstanding 4.00
    Fried Oreo.........mmmmm outstanding 3.00

Feeling like you want to die...................22.00

I can take a shot at those concessionaires;

Fried veggies: Dr. Vegtable. AGreat operation that uses high quality product
    Fried chesse. Wisconsin Chesse. They bring the cheese in direct from Ws. and they know quality.
    Elephant Ear: Red Barn. Always a vey good product.
    Fried Oreos. Don't know.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I can take a shot at those concessionaires;

Fried veggies: Dr. Vegtable. AGreat operation that uses high quality product
    Fried chesse. Wisconsin Chesse. They bring the cheese in direct from Ws. and they know quality.
    Elephant Ear: Red Barn. Always a vey good product.
    Fried Oreos. Don't know.

Yep
    Yep
    Yep
    The Fried PEPSI guy..

I really wanted some dippin dots too but I couldn't hold anymore...

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I went to elkhart co. ate up $60 dollars in food and my crossbreed holster is awsome. I'd rather OC but going to the fair I did not see any no firearms signs but CC so I would not have a problem. :yesway:

tcshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    my simple solution to avoid the city-ots..do not spend my hard earned cash on overpriced food or even attend such things as the county fair where I am told I cannot exercise my freedoms and right to bear arms....I prefer to just go where me AND my guns are welcome.

ALSO!!! I refuse to eat at Taco Bell...KFC or buy Frito Lay or any other Pepsi products....Pepsico is the largest single cash contributor to the anti handgun cause in this country!!!! just an FYI

Unoid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Whats the legal standing for a county park gun ban? I thought they weren't allowed to do this.

holejack1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    South West Indiana
    Earlier this year a guy accidentally shot himself right outside the door of Indy 1500 show, cause he just couldnt' wait to get his derringer loaded. It's retards like this that force county fairs and other events to have to post signs prohibiting guns, due to insurance cost and responsible gun owners being lumped into the same group as this guy.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I have carried at every Porter County Fair for the last five years except this one, wasn't in town. This must be a new development.

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    my woman and I were in Valpo yesterday for a birthday party,we stopped at the porter county fair on our way home..u guys have a nice fair there,i did see all the no firearms signs also

Top Bottom