• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Before the next presidential election the average price of guns will increase

• Total voters
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Very unlikly, I'm sure I have more than a lifetime supply.

That's good but I would bet that most people don't have enough for more than a few range trips if that. INGO members are the exception and I think some of them also way over exaggerate. If not they are still the exception to the average person.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Believe me I am the exception, I'm sure of it.

Ara you completely and absolutely positive??

Agree that most folks may have 100 rds. or so and feel that is more than enough for their needs. I work with several gun guys and they feel this is enough. We go through 300/500 rds. on a good trip out with just the pistols. This will make a dent in the stock but only a dent.

djlaundry2000

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I belive Churchmouse. They have already gone up. Since ive joined INGO I went to the Indy 1500. A basic Draco at 21st Centurys booth was around $400. Same with a basic Wasr through out the whole show. Try and find one at that price now. Even though I hate Gander Mountain I used to find the american eagle .223 brass 100 round pack for $30 bucks. Now there is no way to find it anywhere unless I buy it in 1000 round bulk. Also watch for gas prices to lower but yet right after someone is elected it will go right back up.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Ara you completely and absolutely positive??

Agree that most folks may have 100 rds. or so and feel that is more than enough for their needs. I work with several gun guys and they feel this is enough. We go through 300/500 rds. on a good trip out with just the pistols. This will make a dent in the stock but only a dent.

Ya I'm sure. I'm 69 yrs old, and the bricks on the shelf number 38, then there are the unopened cases of .22's. Plus I reload for all my centerfire firearms.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Ya, I'm set.

Sgt.Striker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    if you are worried about firearm prices going up in the future i advise you to make a few cuts to non essential items in your budget and spend the cash on weapons now. it is important to make sure you have a sufficient supply of ammo as well. if i have some extra cash i try to make sure i spend it evenly on both weapons and ammo. its like al bundy said. "love and marriage" you cant have on without the other. and yea djlaundry i was goin hog wild on that americans eagle brass about seven or eight months ago. was nice to be able to go out and shoot a few hundred rounds through the ar without having to invest a hundred plus dollars everytime.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ya I'm sure. I'm 69 yrs old, and the bricks on the shelf number 38, then there are the unopened cases of .22's. Plus I reload for all my centerfire firearms.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Ya, I'm set.

I am pushing 63. If I were the only shooter working the stock pile I would be close but I feed my kids guns when we go out. They are self supporting but have kids and more on the way. I have trained all of them and wish for the skills to stay sharp so I do this for several reasons. The most important one is that I love to spend time with them and range time is good time. They are all right with me on ability and are getting close to surpassing me. I see this as success.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I am pushing 63. If I were the only shooter working the stock pile I would be close but I feed my kids guns when we go out. They are self supporting but have kids and more on the way. I have trained all of them and wish for the skills to stay sharp so I do this for several reasons. The most important one is that I love to spend time with them and range time is good time. They are all right with me on ability and are getting close to surpassing me. I see this as success.

In the aspect of training and going to the range with the kids you are Blessed. I am the lone shooter in my family. But I do have a good time. Actually I have little patience for kids.

Back on topic, the price of guns will go up as will the price of most everything. This has been the case of cost of goods all my life.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Look again. Maybe not everywhere but the price of a base AR has gone up.
    I have also noticed that the price of ARs has been going up the past few years. My last M&P was bought about 2 months ago and I have been in a few gun stores since. Still about $480. I live in a western suburb of Indy. Maybe it is location and maybe it is particular guns. I have also heard people complain about ammo prices going up. Once again in the last 2-3 years I haven't noticed much change, particularly on 22LR, 40 S&W, 9mm Lugar, 45 ACP, 380 ACP, and 223 REM. There had to have been some point where it jumped though, because I remember about 8-10 years ago 22LR was ~$10 for a brick and now it is ~$20. I had a hiatus from shooting for a few years and I'm sure it was during that time.

I'm sure that prices will go up but I haven't seen any evidence of it yet (at least not in my area), I have however, seen that people are buying lots and lots of it! I usually buy from Walmart and it seems that as soon as they get 9mm, 223 REM, or 22LR in, it sells out. For some reason this isn't the case for 380 ACP, 45 ACP, or 40 S&W.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    we are the only ones making prices go up. I bought an ak for 350 when bush was in office. now around here they seem to be on sale for 500. Gun stores are using our fear to make more money.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Man, 5% won't cover inflation; it's a lot higher than that already. 10% at least for that. I'm just hoping the stock keeps going up, RGR has been a win this year, and I can pull down some good money :rockwoot: Otherwise, I'm pretty well built out on both fronts, though I might want to fill in some niches in the ammo.

Hajisc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   1
    Oct 11, 2012
    Westville,In.
    I've noticed at recent crown point and porter county gun shows that not only is there an increase in people walking thru but they are also buying more not just looking . Tables with ammunition and private gun sales especially.

Top Bottom