• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I was going to make this for Pump guns only but I am curious what some other brand owners will say.

Here it is. State your favorite brand of shotgun then your prefered pet. View it this way, if you could have only 1 what would you have? This is not SHTF, think of it more as rationing. Obama says you can only have one pet for non-food consumption and you have to decide which shotgun you will actualy register with the local LEO. Gauge is a non issue for this highly scientific survey.

I am torn between a Remington 870 or semi-auto Beretta. I would have a Dog and it would be a Lab. Survey says:

870 / Lab

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    An 870 will fire and feed without plastic parts and o-rings - no brainer, a pump such as Ithaca 37 (Bottom feed, Bottom eject for my lefty sons), Mossy, Remington is aweful simple and reliable over the next 40-50 years.

If you want simple, old SXS with dual trigger, or single shot. You can hammer out new parts with a rock to keep it going.

I'd take an Ithaca 37 Featherweight in 12, 30" barrel, full choke (I can always load spreader loads for close work). That's why I have 6 of them, one for each member of the family!

Can't fault you on the lab, that was easy!

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    6birds, that was weird, when I viewed your post we BOTH had 271 as our post count. Dude, we should be friends.

I expect Saiga owners to say Huskies but we will see.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Since we're discussing the merits of guns and dogs, we are friends! Dude, if you're going to have one gun, don't make it one where you have to email the comrades to get a part for the trigger!! And continuing this thread, it doesn't get cold enough here for Huskies, and they don't retrive ducks worth a darn!

6birds, that was weird, when I viewed your post we BOTH had 271 as our post count. Dude, we should be friends.

I expect Saiga owners to say Huskies but we will see.

Top Bottom