resultGraph.php
    resultGraph.php

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I tried taking the OP's quiz, but I wouldn't answer loaded questions and it said i had to... :dunno:

However, I took the second quiz which wasn't too bad at all. Except for the Immigration issue, I voted the last answer on all of them. I'm sorry, but the border should be re-enforced with more security and the military if need be.

resultGraph.php

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Thanks. I got that. However, I only ask because I didn't say "I order" this or that. I didn't say "Believe as me or you're an idiot". I stated my opinion. I wasn't aware that I needed to add IMHO to everything I say for people to know that my statements were my opinion. Then again I don't cater to anyone I don't HAVE to either.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Thanks. I got that. However, I only ask because I didn't say "I order" this or that. I didn't say "Believe as me or you're an idiot". I stated my opinion. I wasn't aware that I needed to add IMHO to everything I say for people to know that my statements were my opinion. Then again I don't cater to anyone I don't HAVE to either.

You don't have to do anything you don't want to do, and of course, everyone knows it's your opinion. It's just that when you say things in the same strong way whether they are just opinion, or something you tend to believe but don't have full evidence for, or something you're absolutely sure about and have rock solid evidence for, you encourage people to take everything you say with a grain of salt. Also, you dig yourself into a position that becomes difficult to change later in the face of new evidence. Certainty is a powerful spice and should be used sparingly. IMHO.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I tried taking the OP's quiz, but I wouldn't answer loaded questions and it said i had to... :dunno:

However, I took the second quiz which wasn't too bad at all. Except for the Immigration issue, I voted the last answer on all of them. I'm sorry, but the border should be re-enforced with more security and the military if need be.

JOC, why did the loaded questions in the first quiz bother you, while the even more loaded questions of the second not? The second one is a blatant push poll.

Eisman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    ">http://www.quiz2d.com/quiz/Right_Freedom_Lover.php">
    resultGraph.php
    It's Funny how the questions are worded gives different results
    pcgraphpng.php
    resultGraph.php

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Is that perhaps because some of the questions were more in line with what you already prefer to believe, perhaps?

Ah shucks and golly gee, Joe, I never thought of that.

Now, seriously, I went back and reread it and I thought that they put each of the choices in the way that someone who tends to believe in that choice would put it. Not completely, but I thought it was a good job.

Now, could you point out what you specifically thought was biased, and why?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Ah shucks and golly gee, Joe, I never thought of that.

Now, seriously, I went back and reread it and I thought that they put each of the choices in the way that someone who tends to believe in that choice would put it. Not completely, but I thought it was a good job.

Now, could you point out what you specifically thought was biased, and why?

This is just one. They post their opinion stated as fact (that I happen to disagree with their opinion is irrelevant), as part of the question.

Social Security was a great deal for those who got in at the beginning but is a rotten deal for those getting in late (Generation X). Should Social Security be phased out?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This is just one. They post their opinion stated as fact (that I happen to disagree with their opinion is irrelevant), as part of the question.

Social Security was a great deal for those who got in at the beginning but is a rotten deal for those getting in late (Generation X). Should Social Security be phased out?

I have a problem with the available choices on that one, but I thought overall they gave a wide variety of responses that was fairly representative of the way a broad spectrum might reply to that question.

To be more fair on the SS question, there probably should have been a choice that said something like, "Yes, we are responsible for our older citizens regardless of cost," which I have heard many people say.

Pretty hard to do one of those completely unbiased. Might be a fun project.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    resultGraph.php

I tend to have very consistent results on every political quiz I take. Still, you can't get an unbiased quiz.

For example at Political Quiz.net they ask "Should gay marriage be legalized?" My response is no, but that is because I don't believe that our government should be involved in marriage at all, which is actually a more pro-personal freedom response than believing in gay marriage.

The questions are almost always going to show the bias of the creator.

Top Bottom