Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    You're asking me to watch a cinematic work of fiction to support a theory that kid who has attended a HS from 9-12th grade and witnessed a school massacre, isn't actually what he seems, but a youthful actor inserted into that situation years in advance, complicit in the murder of multiple innocents, just so anti-gun legislation could be passed? Bro, that's crackpot. And I'll go on record in saying that anyone who actually believes that crap, is a mental case, whom I think, due to such delusional beliefs, is probably just as likely to commit similar act as what occurred in Florida.

May be a leetle stretch there at the end, but I'm kinda in your camp on this crap.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is a movie called 'Wag the Dog.' Watch it and you will understand it's not so crackpot.

I haven't seen that, but I presume it posits the feasibility of something like that happening. Even if we accept the feasibility of it, that is not evidence that it happened. A belief that it could happen isn't evidence that it happened. Show me proof. Who gave the money? Show me the check made out from whomever, to the actor. Connect the dots from who the actor was in real life before he started playing the part, to how he got enrolled in school. And most of all, you have to connect the dots for how this shooting was a setup. Because if those are paid actors, it had to be a setup.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You're asking me to watch a cinematic work of fiction to support a theory that kid who has attended a HS from 9-12th grade and witnessed a school massacre, isn't actually what he seems, but a youthful actor inserted into that situation years in advance, complicit in the murder of multiple innocents, just so anti-gun legislation could be passed? Bro, that's crackpot. And I'll go on record in saying that anyone who actually believes that crap, is a mental case, whom I think, due to such delusional beliefs, is probably just as likely to commit similar act as what occurred in Florida.

Congratulations; you've made a breakthrough, of sorts. Now channel that rage, really lean into the feeling and remember it. Because that's how people feel when implicated in equally crackpot theories like cops are racist murderers, all white people are racist intent on keeping black people down, and the government actions in Puerto Rico relative to Houston exhibit a disregard for black and brown people (ignoring the fact that Houston is easily accessible by road and rail, has more of its critical infrastructure still operable, and has quite a few black and brown people in residence).

Perhaps this will be the beginning of understanding.

And way to engage someone on the flaws in their viewpoint rather than just attempt to badger them into silence ("... anyone who actually believes that crap, is a mental case, whom I think, due to such delusional beliefs, is probably just as likely to commit similar act as what occurred in Florida.")

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Not so much funny, but true none the less

fna361.jpg

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I think I am dumber for having read that statement from the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. How the hell did we win WWII with all those "less-lethal" M-1 Garands, M-1 carbines and 1911 pistols?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So were our soldiers in WWII firing some kind of less lethal bean bag rounds? Lol
    Umm lethal is lethal. I seriously thought less lethal meant like bean bag rounds/rubber projectiles etc..who knew an M1 was a less lethal weapon?
    BRILLIANT!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom