Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

So much evidence of....

Help me out, here.

Russian involvement to help get Trump elected? At least that what ALL the intelligence agencies say... but I can see how some, with their own multi-million dollar funded intelligence agencies, would contest their findings.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

So much evidence of....

Help me out, here.

I got you brother....But I think we ought to just let it ride...
    Dd0Hy7NV4AA2WiH.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Russian involvement to help get Trump elected? At least that what ALL the intelligence agencies say... but I can see how some, with their own multi-million dollar funded intelligence agencies, would contest their findings.

There seems to be evidence of Russia trying to foment discord and cause chaos in the elective process. That's not quite the same thing. Notably, so far, there is an absence of evidence of involvement by Trump, so....

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Trump Derangement Syndrome.
    I'm inclined to agree.

From everything I've seen and heard, the Russians paid people to hold rallies and such. If the Trump campaign had know knowledge and no involvement, then you can't really fault them.

The wise sage Warren Zevon said it best, "How was I to know she was with the Russians too?"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There seems to be evidence of Russia trying to foment discord and cause chaos in the elective process. That's not quite the same thing. Notably, so far, there is an absence of evidence of involvement by Trump, so....

Wait... are you saying the intelligence agencies didn't come to the conclusion that the Russians interfered in the election to help Trump get elected? Because that's all I said, I didn't weigh in on the effectiveness.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wait... are you saying the intelligence agencies didn't come to the conclusion that the Russians interfered in the election to help Trump get elected? Because that's all I said, I didn't weigh in on the effectiveness.

If you haven't listened yet, Radiolab did a good story on a Russian sponsored pro-Trump rally.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    TDS sufferers will give up in 2024...

Well maybe not , I could be wrong. The funny thing is they believe any one with out TDS luv:ladiesman: Trump.:wwub:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am in that crowd personally, but i kinda like this song.
    [video=youtube;5Qk9o_ZeR7s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qk9o_ZeR7s[/video]

And this one.
    [video=youtube;S94Bh3Qez9o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S94Bh3Qez9o[/video]

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

So I take it then that you also accept Global Warming/Climate Change as fact? After all, virtually ALL the scientists say its revealed truth ... unless you have your own multi-million dollar funded research agency so as to contest their findings

Alternately, you could reject the assertions of all those true believers (of either stripe). You only have to realize that they are driven by an agenda more than they are the facts. Diverse circumstances, same underlying mechanism, same results

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

You are confusing 'intelligence agencies' with 'The Washington Post' and 'The New York Times'. It's an easy mistake for the credulous to make

I believe if you check, you'll find they are the only choristers of the deep state 'mouth congress' that are pushing that particular narrative

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    So I take it then that you also accept Global Warming/Climate Change as fact? After all, virtually ALL the scientists say its revealed truth ... unless you have your own multi-million dollar funded research agency so as to contest their findings

Alternately, you could reject the assertions of all those true believers (of either stripe). You only have to realize that they are driven by an agenda more than they are the facts. Diverse circumstances, same underlying mechanism, same results

You know, this brings up something that really pisses me off. I enjoyed sciences at all levels in school and did part of my career in medical research. I believe there was a time when you could believe the results of scientific study. But now it has been polluted by politics and you can't believe any of the crap they say. I remember the first time I saw this pollution. It was back on the first Earth Day in 1970. The liberal so-called "science people" were pushing their agenda and made all sorts of predictions based on their "scientific" studies. Well not one single prediction they made came true. I have had a chance to look at some of the data those crappy predictions were based on and they certainly did not use any kind of acceptable logic to reach their "conclusions". They made every imaginable analysis mistake to massage their data into what they wanted to say all along. I hate that they did this because this pollution has spread and damaged the credibility of all scientific study and the basis for much of human advancement.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yep, I find the viewpoint championed by Scott Adams suasive. The theories of global warming/climate change cannot make accurate predictions (which is the gold standard test for the veracity of hypotheses); and not only do they still wish us to accept the conclusions, but they wish to make sweeping economic policy changes despite economics being another area with a poor record of prognostication

It's not doubling down, it's error squared; and it can do real damage to our economy with no realistic expectation that the underlying predictions will come true any more often than by chance

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom