• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I grew up in MD about 5 miles outside of DC and had lived in DC for about a year when I was in High School. Was there crime? Hell yes. My dad owned a liquor store in Georgetown (kind of near the school, not such a bad part of town) and my Grandpa recently retired from a liquor store he owned for 35+ years in a MUCH less favorable part of town (He had the store so long, that he had handguns in DC that were legally owned because they were grandfathered in.)

All this said, there is NO way that these Gestapo-ish type tactics will be tolerated. Seems a fine example to me of the Ben Franklin quote:

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

My $.02

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    Jesus tap dancing Christ.

“The Neighborhood Safety Zones is just another tool MPD will employ to stop crime before it happens. The Neighborhood Safety Zone initiative will help residents terrorized by violent crime to take back their neighborhoods,” said Chief Lanier.
    Give a man a fish...but in this case it should be "Give a man a gun and he'll vehemently defend his ground."

Why do we have mongoloids running any portion of this country?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    This story is all over mainstream news tonight. It looks like the ACLU is going to get involved. I can't honestly believe that people are going to put up with this. The article on MSNBC.com stated:

"Police will only search cars if they observe the presence of guns or drugs, officials said. Anyone who does not cooperate will be arrested."

Well, how in the world are the police going to observe the presence of guns or drugs without searching? Do they really expect folks to drive up with a handgun on the dashboard and potted marijuana plants in the back seat?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    "Police will only search cars if they observe the presence of guns or drugs, officials said. Anyone who does not cooperate will be arrested."

Yes, but they have already said that they will stop EVERYONE entering neighborhoods to make sure they have a "valid" reason for being there. Does not having a reason or refusing to "prove yourself" make you arrestable?

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    [nazi voice] Papers, may I zee your papers pleeaz. [/nazi voice off]

hahaha, thats what it sounds like....I need to dig out the original medal of honor to translate that, and the american has dog biscuits in his pocket....:):

well, just wait until a congressman gets shot for some reason, then they'll try to ban all guns so law enforcement has to carry water pistols.....that can't shoot less than room temperature water(to reduce chills)

Top Bottom