• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    SOURCE: Police: Ohio woman killed over Easter attire spat - Yahoo! News

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Police in Ohio say a woman shot her cousin to death during an argument that started because one woman didn't think the other was dressed properly for Easter dinner.
    Columbus police say 19-year-old Danielle Pickens showed up Sunday night at the home of Evelyn Burgess wearing a T-shirt and jean shorts. Detective Steven Eppert says 42-year-old Burgess told officers she thought the outfit was inappropriate and disrespectful.
    The women fought. Police say Pickens walked outside to leave and Burgess shot her in the head with a handgun. Pickens died at a hospital early Monday.
    Eppert says Burgess told investigators she didn't mean to shoot Pickens.
    Burgess is to appear in court Tuesday on a murder charge. Court records don't show an attorney for her.

This is just sad. You can see an image of Evelyn Burgess if you google it. I hope the law comes down very, very hard on her!

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    "officer i didn't mean to shoot her, even though i had a handgun pointed to the back of her head..." what a stupid stupid stupid person...she deserves all that shes receives!!! and it was family on top of that...

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    facepalm.jpg

And people actually can be against using birth control.
    Someone, please, slap that woman's mama.

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    Christmas Day of 1977, I was headed to a friends house near 16th and Mitthoeffer. I passed a house surrounded by police, ambulances and a coroner's van. There was 2 bodies in the yard covered by a sheet. It seemed Grandpa and Grandma got into a fight over where to park all the relative's cars. It ended in murder suicide. After that, no matter how bad the hollidays may seem to be, I still have a Merry Christmas.

wildhare

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This is exactly why anti-gunners want guns taken away. STUPID PEOPLE. They should start teaching gun safety in schools. No wonder it is so hard to get one. I hope that woman gets the death penalty. Do it quickly so we don't have to spend tax dollars to cell a worthless piece of garbage.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I respectfully disagree BIG TIME with Public Schools teaching firearm safety... let's get it done right - and they have enough other stuff to do.

that said -

I wonder if Ms. Burgess considers jumpsuit orange to be respectful attire for Easter? I suspect that she's gonna be wearing it.

This is disgustingly sad. Joe Williams had it right - somebody REALLY missed the point of Easter.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    This is exactly why anti-gunners want guns taken away. STUPID PEOPLE. They should start teaching gun safety in schools. No wonder it is so hard to get one. I hope that woman gets the death penalty. Do it quickly so we don't have to spend tax dollars to cell a worthless piece of garbage.

I'm doubtful a gun safety course would have helped here. Maybe an anger management course? Or, maybe you can't fix stupid. :dunno:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    This is the shooter

In this April 5, 2010 photo released by the Franklin County Sheriff's Office in Columbus, Ohio, is shown Evelyn Burgess. Police say Burgess shot her cousin to death during an argument that started because she didn't think her cousin was dressed properly for Easter dinner. Columbus police Officer Jean Holmes said in court Tuesday, April 6, 2010, that the leg-baring shorts worn by 19-year-old Danielle Pickens sparked a verbal and physical confrontation with 42-year-old Burgess on Sunday at Burgess' home. Police say Pickens walked outside to leave and Burgess shot her in the head with a handgun. Pickens died at a hospital early Monday. (AP Photo/Franklin County Sheriff's Office)

Top Bottom