• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dupe, Denny's have since apoligized and the officers have permission to return to eat there....

Jar_Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The new caption reads, "and that the restaurant's policy allows law enforcement officials to carry weapons" I can't think of a place, other than some courts, that do not allow law enforcement officials to carry weapons on there property - Can anyone stop a law enforcement official from carrying there handgun on there property?? Under federal law law enforcement can carry from state to state even if that person is retired law enforcement. I want cops with guns at my Denny's late at night.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    The new caption reads, "and that the restaurant's policy allows law enforcement officials to carry weapons" I can't think of a place, other than some courts, that do not allow law enforcement officials to carry weapons on there property - Can anyone stop a law enforcement official from carrying there handgun on there property?? Under federal law law enforcement can carry from state to state even if that person is retired law enforcement. I want cops with guns at my Denny's late at night.

It's called private property, and unless they are in the pursuit of their legal duties, then they can be asked to leave. And as far as your federal law statement for police officers carrying state to state.....no such thing. They generally get the go ahead as part of being in the club, but...

If you think I'm wrong, post the applicable section of federal code, and I'll apoligize and admit I was wrong....

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Thought Denny's had done it AGAIN!

I know, right?

I was about to make up a new trophy/award to present to the store.

On the face plate it would read:

Troll Level: Master
    Category: Gun Control

The figure on top of the trophy would have been a waitress beating a cop with his own nightstick....

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    It's called private property, and unless they are in the pursuit of their legal duties, then they can be asked to leave. And as far as your federal law statement for police officers carrying state to state.....no such thing. They generally get the go ahead as part of being in the club, but...

If you think I'm wrong, post the applicable section of federal code, and I'll apoligize and admit I was wrong....

He is actaully correct. Federal Law enforcement saftey act of 2004. Public Law 108-277, which put into effect 18 USC 926B.
    ".....qualified law enforcement officer" the "qualified retired law enforcement officer" -- to carry a concealed firearm in any jurisdiction in the United States, regardless of any state or local law to the contrary, with certain exceptions....

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    It's the job of the police to protect. It's the job of Denny's to serve. :n00b:

I agree with Taun Taun, but for Pete's sake let's apply a little common sense. I hope that Denny's suffers a little pain in exchange for poor judgement.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now...say you're sorry damnit!!! SAY IT!!! SAY IT!!!

Sheriff3.jpg

:D

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    He is actaully correct. Federal Law enforcement saftey act of 2004. Public Law 108-277, which put into effect 18 USC 926B.
    ".....qualified law enforcement officer" the "qualified retired law enforcement officer" -- to carry a concealed firearm in any jurisdiction in the United States, regardless of any state or local law to the contrary, with certain exceptions....

Okay, having read this more completely now.....

Seems to leave a lot of this to the state (rightfully in my opinion), BUT....

Here's an example:

Illinois has no conceal or carry program for non-protected classes such as we.
    They frown upon cops from out of stay carrying their weapons in ANY form.
    Cops hassle other cops in this way (I've not see it personally, but a buddy who is a cop....yaddayaddayadda...)
    Cops have had their weapons confiscated....

In the end...

I apoligize. I was wrong.
    Not the first time Illinois did something it wasn't supposed to and called it legal.

Last edited:

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    It's the job of the police to protect. It's the job of Denny's to serve. :n00b:

Actually, the highest courts have held in numerous cases that the police have "no affirmative duty to protect" individuals against crime and/or violence. In fact the police are reactive rather than proactive. In other words they are there to arrest individuals after they commit crimes, not to protect you from criminals.

Top Bottom