Poland resisted pressure to buy swine flu vaccines. Suffered no worse. Looks smart.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Good for them! There were advocates of this thinking in the U.S. but the nut jobs won, as usual, and put lots of people at risk for vaccination related health problems. At one point in time, I think more people had died from the shot than from the flu.
    I work in health care, and I only take the shots that are required. I've never taken a flu shot and never missed any more than anyone else. Putting foreign substances in your body is never the "best" idea.

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Who'da thunk it?:rolleyes:

flu.jpg

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Never got it. I did get a regular flu vaccine for the first time last year. At least more people started washing their hands more often.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Good for Poland. We had some heated debates on this forum between the vaccine-believers and those that didn't buy the hype.

And to think that those against vaccines were accused of wearing "tin foil hats." They are the ones who believed we'd be wiped out by the "swine flu!"

I work in health care, and I only take the shots that are required.

Did you put up any protest to the hospital requiring shots? Do you know anyone who has?

I have a family member who is a future nurse, and was harmed by a vaccine in the past. Getting additional shots appears to be very risky for her, since she is one of the unlucky percentage that is not supposed to exist.

I like to believe there is hope that she can somehow opt out of these shots without feeling she will lose her job otherwise.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Did you put up any protest to the hospital requiring shots? Do you know anyone who has?

My hospital only requires what is required by the State. I didn't have to get the H1N1, or the "regular" flu. We can choose not to get "some" shots.
    I haven't tried to "kick against the pricks".
    But I know lots more people get the flu and live than get Guillan-Berre and live.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My hospital only requires what is required by the State. I didn't have to get the H1N1, or the "regular" flu. We can choose not to get "some" shots.
    I haven't tried to "kick against the pricks".
    But I know lots more people get the flu and live than get Guillan-Berre and live.

I said from day one that we needed to take a look at the southern hemisphere's experience since their flu season occurred during our summer months immediately following the outbreak. They were already seeing a decline in hospitalizations by the time the vax was made available indicating that the virus had already made its run through the population for the most part. And there were no real differences in mortality of morbidity rates over the average "seasonal" flu either. But nobody paid any attention and just assumed that once flu season hit, we'd have some pandemic on our hands because it was a relatively "new" virus to the current population.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I was all but forced by my doctors to get the swine flu shot. I refused it after being told how my compromised immune system would be easily defeated by the dangers of swine flu. I asked another doc for a 2nd opinion (retired Army doc) and he told me that he does NOT recommend it because of how untested and unnecessary it was.

My white blood cell was lowest it has ever been during the scare and all I got was a sinus infection.

Top Bottom