• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atlas5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    I've seen mixed reviews. Some people get great rifles while others get the bottom of the barrel. And when I see the bad reviews I normally see even worse from the customer service. I got to check out a 308 and I like the design and the feel of it but I don't think I would risk getting a bad one.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    I have a .308 with the 20" fluted barrel. I havent had any issues with it so I have no experience with their customer service. The build quality is the highest of any AR I have ever looked at. Top quality parts, fit and finish is unmatched. I wasnt going to get a .308 AR because most that I had fondled felt cheap or lime a cobbled together parts kit. Its definately more accurate than I am. Now I havent ran a 10k round torture test through it due to ammo prices, the the couple hundred that I have ran through it has been without fault.
    If you are looking for a higher end AR or definately a .308, cant recommend it enough.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    You are better off getting a LMT, Noveske, Daniel Defense, LWRC, etc. for the price of a POF.

I disagree. I did extensive research before I bought mine. LMT was what I also considered buying at the time.

LWRC; not a fan of the side charger, more money than POF

DD; do they make a 308 ? I know they did not a couple years ago.

Armalite; I had a 10T once. Nice rifle, but I prefer the ''standard'' use of Pmag's that most others use (KAC,POF,DPMS,HK,LWRC, I'm sure I forgot a few)

POF also uses Rock creek barrels.

Bottom line they are a top tier rifle!

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    You are better off getting a LMT, Noveske, Daniel Defense, LWRC, etc. for the price of a POF.

This is good info! I've handled several POF's and have found them to be very heavy and very expensive!

I think you could get a better rifle for the money you'd spend on a POF.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    Look at Larue Tactical also. Another top tier firearm. I have the PredatAR 5.56 model and couldn't be more happy with it. From what I hear, their customer service is second to none,though I haven't had any issues. Next gun will definitely be one of their .308 rifles!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I disagree. I did extensive research before I bought mine. LMT was what I also considered buying at the time.

LWRC; not a fan of the side charger, more money than POF

DD; do they make a 308 ? I know they did not a couple years ago.

Armalite; I had a 10T once. Nice rifle, but I prefer the ''standard'' use of Pmag's that most others use (KAC,POF,DPMS,HK,LWRC, I'm sure I forgot a few)

POF also uses Rock creek barrels.

Bottom line they are a top tier rifle!

OP was asking about POF rifles in general and not just the POF 308 FWIW. 308 ARs are a whole different ballgame.

jjacobs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indy S./Bloomington
    I own a POF 415 NP3 chambered in 5.56. It has a 14.5" barrel. IMO I have both likes and dislikes. The weight bare is nice, however when loaded with 30 rounds and an eotech, the handrail can feel overly bulky. A lot of the bulk has to do with the top riser design to account for better airflow and piston driven upper style. I think it looks great, but honestly it doesn't compare to my JP.

Top Bottom