• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I recently acquired a little Beretta 21a, I took it to the range and shot it and was completely surprised with its accuracy. It was easy to produce 2" groups right on target at 10 yards. That being said this little guy is a keeper, so I started looking at holsters and the like, because it is new I wanted to carry it, I then noticed that it fit perfectly in the change/watch pocket of my blue jeans. I have carried it this way for several days and it seems to fit snugly with only about 30% of the grip protruding and virtually no print at all. The only draw back is it makes getting in my right front pocket a little snug so I have to expose the pistol each time I go for my wallet. It seems that all the little pocket guns on today's market could be carried in this fashion I was just curious if anyone else had tried this. :dunno:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    When I "pocket carry" a small gun I've always carried in a pocket holster because of issues like lint and pocket debris getting into the barrel/action of the gun carried in a pocket. But I also dedicate my right front pocket the gun if I am carrying a pocket pistol. Keys, cellphone, and loose change and wallet go into other pockets. If I am going to carry in my right front pocket (and I'd include the little change pocket of which you refer) to be the right front, then I do not want anything to get in the way of the draw, and I don't want anything to accidently snag the gun out of the pocket.

If you have your wallet in your main right front pocket and your gun in your 'change' pocket then your wallet's corner could hook the butt of your gun and pull it out when you "draw" your wallet.

Might want to consider how you carry your other items if you use the change pocket as your holster? Just a thought.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I've read on the LCP forum that a couple of people have tried it. I'm sitting here with my LCP with Crimson Trace in my change pocket right now.

Positives: It does seem to be pretty stable while sitting and walking around and the trigger is properly covered.

Negatives: It is loose enough that I'm not comfortable with the idea that it could simply fall out if I lean way over. There is *no* retention. Also, you lose the "deep cover" capability that using a good pocket holster offers because the grip sticks out.

Conclusion: Interesting idea, but I'm very happy with my Recluse pocket holster and will stick with that form of carry for my LCP.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I carry an LCP and or a Beretta Tomcat in my right front pocket with a Nemesis holster for both. I do not get the stable feel of either weapon in the change pocket.

I do not carry anything but the weapon in the pocket. I find that even myu spyderco has to go to the back pocket when carrying in this manner.

I would note that drawing from a Nemesis in the front pocket is not a fast presentation option unless the situation allows having your hand in the pocket to start with.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    My problem is I have a set way I carry all my stuff. To go to the holster which is what I imagine I will do eventually I have to change the pocket I carry my wallet in. I guess that shouldn't be that big a deal but I am old and set in my ways lol... :D :dunno:

50bmgshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Greenfield
    i have a p3at with the clip on it. carry it in either of my front pockets and it stays in place whichever way i move. when i pull my shirt up it just looks like a knife

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Holstered pistol in right front pocket. Nitrotabs in watch/change pocket. Hanky and clip knife in right rear pocket. Billfold in left rear pocket. Change and maybe spare mag in left front pocket. Cell in shirt pocket.

Glockster1990

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2009
    I carry a Glock 26 9mm, it will fit in my pocket, but i carry it with a holster. I can connect very well with the gun and feel very confident as well. If any one has ammo let me know :D ran out:ar15:

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I have had a Beretta 21A for almost 20 years. Great gun for what they are. I don't usually like itty bitty guns at all, but when I lived in the Chicago suburbs I suddenly had a desire for a really small gun. Ahem. The Beretta 21A was fairly new then, and looked like the best of the tiny guns that were available. At the time, the next bigger guns were the 5-shot 38 revolvers. That seems like a big jump now, with all the .32s, but that's how it was then.

Some praise for the Beretta 21A:
    I bought mine (for $189 new) when I belonged to a gun club there that had it's own 50-ft indoor range. Members had 24-hr access, and since I got off work at 4:00 AM when there was little else to do, I made regular range visits with that little Beretta. I bought a 5,000 rd case of Remington standard velocity ammo from a club member who thought it might have been water damaged, and shot it all up in that Beretta the first winter I had it.
    It gobbled it up, plus other ammo I gave it. The only trouble it gave me was by not firing some of that suspicious ammo, but I blame the ammo. When I tried some unfired rounds in other .22s, they were only able to fire a couple of them.

And yes, it does shoot really well. It is one of the very few handguns I've had that truly did not shoot to point of aim, but it wasn't that far off. It was probably due to the pivoting barrel, which can't be the easiest to align perfectly at the factory. I expected elevation to shift due to the pivoting barrel and tolerances in it's latching, but I couldn't tell it if it did.

I even carried it here, when I had plenty of other options. It was as a third gun, however.

I used a light homemade pocket holster, mainly to keep lint and crud out of the gun. I did try it without it, but would always find the frame opening where the trigger moves packed with crud. That's not a place I want to risk being blocked on a defensive gun.
    The watch pocket may keep it up higher out of the crud, but I'd feel better using a holster.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Still like the AMT Governments. Have had it for a long time and never given me a bit of trouble. Plus it fits just about anywhere. Of course accuracy over 20ft diminishes without good technique, but any close range shooting is great (which would likely be the scenario).

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I really cannot find a "pocket" big enough to carry my 5" 1911 in, so I just made do and bought a holster for it.

Even my Officer's Model .45 rides in a holster, not a pocket.

Milsurp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Indy
    I sometimes carry my P3AT in my right front in a nemesis. I have carried a spare mag in the change pocket before and then carry the keltec in a back pocket.

As far as pocket realestate, I have found that carrying my keys on my belt and downsizing my wallet help.

Top Bottom