• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swanny70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2015
    Goshen
    Looking for some choices for a pocket gun? Let me know your favorites and please give some price ranges on your ideas.
    Thanks
    Swanny70

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Didn't you say you had a S&W .38 in the other thread? Seriously, that's a much better carry gun than a small pocket gun. With the right holster, you could conceal your revolver very easily, and it would be more reliable.

The money you spend on a pocket pistol would be better spent on ammo and training.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Pocket gun is a nebulous term. What kind of pockets? Work/cargo pants vs. skinny jeans? Winter coat pocket vs. vest watch pocket? Etc.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    J frames are excellent. Ruger LCR might even be better. The Ruger LCP is also a good one, if you want a semi-auto. Kel-Tec makes very small and light pocket guns (P3AT and P32) if you want really small. Springfield XDs if you have big pockets. if you I have owned all of the above, and can vouch for them.

Also heard Kahr guns are good.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I front pocket carry a couple of different guns according to the size of the pockets. A J-Frame is always a good choice as has been said before, however I also carry an Ruger LC9s which works well for me.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I carry a Sig 938 as my pocket gun. It's light, reliable and comes with very good night sights. It's thin enough to conceal well, but is also easy to shoot too. They typically sell for anywhere from $650 to $750 retail, but if you keep an eye out for deals, they can be bought much cheaper. I paid $499 for mine from PSA after Thanksgiving. I've put around 250 rounds through mine since getting it and it's been perfect in function. I love the little gun and like having a shootable 9mm pistol that can conceal in a pocket very well.

Another choice is the Sig P238, which is the little sister of the 938. It's a very similar gun, but in .380. Unlike most pocket .380s, the Sig is a joy to shoot. The locked breech design makes the gun much less snappy than the blowback design used by a lot of other small guns.

I've tried to pocket carry a PPK/S and it was too big and too heavy. A Bersa Thunder 380 CC was too big too as was a Glock 27. The G27 is an excellent little gun, but is fat. Fat is harder to conceal than skinny.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    When I pocket carry (only in places like the mall where I can't OC), I have a Ruger LCP. It doesn't make an imprint (I'm also not a little ****** who wears skinny jeans though) and it's lightweight.

That said, it's a ***** to shoot.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Didn't you say you had a S&W .38 in the other thread? Seriously, that's a much better carry gun than a small pocket gun. With the right holster, you could conceal your revolver very easily, and it would be more reliable.

The money you spend on a pocket pistol would be better spent on ammo and training.

Yep go with the J frame and some practice.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    When I pocket carry (only in places like the mall where I can't OC), I have a Ruger LCP. It doesn't make an imprint (I'm also not a little ****** who wears skinny jeans though) and it's lightweight.

That said, it's a ***** to shoot.

Had an lcp, sold it because it sucks to shoot, bought a Kahr cm9, now have another lcp on order because the first rule of a gunfight is to have a gun and I have found that I am much more likely to keep the lcp with me than anything more bulky.

By the way, just got the LCP off a GunBroker auction for $195 + $15 shipping. Buds Guns has them for $230 shipping included.

Still not selling the Kahr though.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Yep go with the J frame and some practice.

And wear it on your right shoulder and tell people to call you Igor.

Or maybe at the belt line and say it is a hernia or something? Money belt but I only carry quarters ?

Saw a Harley guy that carried his in the plumber cleavage area, he was a really big guy though.

Top Bottom