• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WinChoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Alexandria
    I'm curious to know how those of you who pocket carry do so. Are you right or left handed or ambidextrous, what pocket of what garment, what weapon, and what type holster (if any). I would also like to know your reason for your choice (advantages). Where do you carry your wallet, and car keys, and spare mag(s) if any?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    642 in an Uncle Mike's #3

I switch sides, but if I pocket carry, it's usually on my right (strong) side front pocket.

My reason for the above? when the pants I'm wearing aren't big enough in the waist to comfortably accomodate my IWB or when I know I'll be in situations involving lots of bending/twisting motion where I don't want my shirt riding up. Also when I'm going to be places where I just don't want anyone to notice at all.

Wallet is in right rear pocket.

If I'm not pocket carrying, the firearm is at 4:00-4:30 again, on my strong side. If it's an auto, spare mag goes in my left front pocket.

-J-

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Are you right or left handed or ambidextrous,

Right-handed.

what pocket of what garment

Left front trouser pocket

what weapon

Colt Pony Pocketlite .380

and what type holster (if any).

Modified Stellar Rigs Model A kydex pocket holster

I would also like to know your reason for your choice (advantages).

Keeping it on my support side allows me to wear it in the same place regardless of whether or not I'm carrying a larger weapon on my strong side. I can also access it with my support hand, in the event that my primary hand/weapon have been put out of commission.

pony_natives.jpg

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Well, when I pocket carry it is usually a Taurus 605 (J-frame size) in a Desantis Nemesis in my R rear and keep a speed strip with 5 rounds in it in my L front pocket. Wallet is in my L rear, keys are in my R front or L vest/jacket (preferably). If I am carrying my preferred, also carry a P3at in the same location for a BUG in a Nemesis and the spare mag in my L front again.

I also will pocket carry in my right front or right jacket/vest pocket if I think I would like to have my weapon more ready such as at night in a dark parking lot.

All my pistols have lasers sights and night sights. I prefer CT grips but the P3at has an Armalaser.

Buckaroo

ETA I am right handed

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I carry a Kel Tec PF9 (9mm) in my right front pocket. Right now it's in an Uncle Mike's IWB holster in my pocket, but I plan to make a pocket holster for it. I like the PF9 because it's small, but still shoots +P. I carry my wallet and keys in my left front pocket.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I carry an lcp in a desantis superfly in my left hip pocket (I'm right handed) I'm very happy with the setup, The superfly holster sticks into your pocket but the lcp slides right our when you grab it, You basically have to put your hand around the holster to take it out of your pocket, its got some rubber sticky knobs that hold it in your pocket. I also have the theory to self defend with left hand because I figure my right hand will be busy getting kids heads down, opening or closing doors ect. Were talking 7 yds for engagement the weak hand shooting won't affect that much IMO and thats all it is

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville

pony_natives.jpg

Those are some killer looking grips.

I carry both a J frame S&W or a Beretta Tomcat in my front right pocket. I don't have a pocket holster and I am not real familar with them. It seems like one more thing that would get hung up in your pocket. What are the advantages?

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I pocket carry a Kel-Tec P32 in a DeSantis pocket holster. Right front pocket or jacket pocket. Spare mag in left pocket.

I am disappointed with how little the DeSantis does to keep the gun snug. But, it's what I have right now.

I also smartcarry P32 and/or P-11, and sometimes carry both (SC and Pocket).

I bought the P32 because of price (from Plainfield). And its size. Hoping my wife would carry it. She has LCH, too. But seems uncomfortable about carrying it.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Those are some killer looking grips.

Thanks. They're Wicked Grips, yo! ;)

I don't have a pocket holster and I am not real familar with them. It seems like one more thing that would get hung up in your pocket. What are the advantages?

A pocket holster can serve several purposes (mine does all of the following):

1) To mask or break up the gun's outline. If anything prints, it will be a straight edge or flat surface that will look like a wallet or PDA, rather than a pistol.

2) To keep the gun positioned consistently and oriented grip-up in the pocket, allowing the hand to achieve a proper firing grip prior to the drawstroke.

3) To keep lint, dust, dirt and stuff out of the action of the gun.

4) To cover the triggerguard, preventing an ND while in the pocket.

When you draw the gun, the holster stays in the pocket; nothing hangs up.

HTH!

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Right-handed.

Left front trouser pocket

Colt Pony Pocketlite .380

Modified Stellar Rigs Model A kydex pocket holster

Keeping it on my support side allows me to wear it in the same place regardless of whether or not I'm carrying a larger weapon on my strong side. I can also access it with my support hand, in the event that my primary hand/weapon have been put out of commission.

pony_natives.jpg

I would love to have one of those little Colt's. Beautiful little pistol's I'm green with envy...:D

WinChoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Alexandria
    Great info all. I am right handed and traditionally carry OWB at around 3:30. I carry my wallet in right front trousers and a belt clip cell phone at about 2:00. Keys & coin in left front trousers. I am getting an LCP for pocket carry. The more I thought about it, the more I was unsure about the best way to carry it. I am leaning toward left front trousers pocket. I wanted to get some input before buying the holster.

EvoVIIIMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I carry a Kel Tec PF9 (9mm) in my right front pocket. Right now it's in an Uncle Mike's IWB holster in my pocket, but I plan to make a pocket holster for it. I like the PF9 because it's small, but still shoots +P. I carry my wallet and keys in my left front pocket.

I carry a PF9 in my right pocket in a Galco IWB. Left pocket iphone, wallet, and keys. I have been looking for a good pocket holster for it though.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Pocket holsters will also save your pockets from developing holes from the muzzle of the firearm...especially revolvers.

-J-

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I carry my Kahr PM9 in my front right pocket (I am right handed). I carry it in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. The holster keeps the gun positioned consistently and covers the trigger.

I utilize pocket carry in the warmer months and a lot when I have to wear nice slacks/suit for work.

Pocket carry is a little more challenging in tighter pants like jeans.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Kel-tec P3AT in right front pocet with a Desantis Nemesis holster, or if I have jacket the right front pocket of the jacket, with or with out the holster. :draw::patriot:

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I'm still in the process of getting the dang thing, but I'll be carrying a J-Frame in my left-front pocket, I think..

As of today, I have my knife, keys, quarter, etc in RF, wallet in RR, nothing in LR, Flashlight in LF..

Hmmm.. wonder if I should transition light to LR...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Left handed. I carry a 38 special in my right front pocket with a home-made kydex holster. Wallet is in the right rear pocket. My flashlight, keys, and cell phone are in my left front pocket.
    DSC02135.jpg

I always carry my pocket gun on my weak side. One thing I love about a pocket gun is the fact that I can have my hand in my pocket, on my revolver, and no one knows the difference.

Top Bottom