• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    I bought an AR15 a few months back which I haven't even shot yet. I have been buying a little bit of ammo every week so that I'll be ready when I finally
    get to shoot it. Most of the ammo that I have is PMC .223. My question: is this decent ammo or should I be buying something else?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It's decent enough plinking ammo in handgun rounds, I'd be willing to try it out in rifle if it were me.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Can't speak on the rifle rounds, but PMC Starfire JHPs have been my preferred carry ammo in almost every pistol I've owned. Its good stuff.

I bought a box of this for my J-frame... .38 Special +p.

It recoiled VERY VERY lightly for a supposed +p round. It felt like LESS recoil than standard pressure WWB to me...

AND, I couldn't hit the broad-side of a barn with it at 7 yards. I load up some WWB and am knocking bowling pins off.

I WOULD like to try some of their 9mm to see if my experience is any different, but I'm going to do my best to not ever buy any more .38Special Starfire from 'em.

-J-

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I like the way the PMC shoots. What I don't like is the wax primer seal that gets all over the inside of the gun. It's a pain to clean it out compared to the Winchester and Remington ammo that I usually shoot. I deal with it though because PMC is about the cheapest I can find lately.

Top Bottom