• ...and so much more!
  • Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Please take this survey for my engineering class

I thought this may be a great place to share this.

I'm in an engineering class at my high school, and our assignment is to basically come up with an invention or innovation and have a chance to make it a reality. Right now we are still in the beginning steps of coming up with an idea, but my group had to make a survey, and we are trying to get as many responses as possible for our idea.

Here is a link to our survey:
    Mailbox Survey

It will only take a minute. We really appreciate every bit of feedback. Thanks!:patriot:

Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    You clearly have a great engineering career ahead of you, as your spelling is about par for the course! (And I only say that because I are an enginerd, too :) ).

I'll take the survery for you.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Ok, I have one "gripe" with the survey questions and possible answers. I realize this isn't "for real" and it's only for class, but maybe consider the answers more in the future.

How far is your mailbox?

Far is not 50-75 feet. Many people in rural areas live 1/4 or even 1/2 mile from their mailbox. My mailbox in a housing addition is 65' away. My mailbox growing up was 125' away.

I think maybe the distances should have gone out further...

:twocents:

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Ok, I have one "gripe" with the survey questions and possible answers. I realize this isn't "for real" and it's only for class, but maybe consider the answers more in the future.

How far is your mailbox?

Far is not 50-75 feet. Many people in rural areas live 1/4 or even 1/2 mile from their mailbox. My mailbox in a housing addition is 65' away. My mailbox growing up was 125' away.

I think maybe the distances should have gone out further...

:twocents:

Thanks for your input. I agree with you 100% on this.

I had a discussion with my group members and my teachers about this, because my mailbox is about 100' from my house, and I don't consider it far at all. I know people that have mailboxes 1/4 mile away, if not more, and I think this product would be best for people like that, but my group ended up picking these distances to try and apply to a more broad consumer range. I will bring this up in class tomorrow though and see what they say.:yesway:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I took the survey. How about a light that comes on inside the house when the mailbox is opened? It would probably need to be wireless to be useful.

My mom lives in the country & has one of those mailboxes with a yellow flag. When someone opens the lid the flag pops up. This is useful since her mailbox is only across the road.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    My final answer to question 6. was no, but I think it is a great potential product. Primarily for safety/security - so thieves do not "steal" someone's ID.

Last edited:

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I took the survey. How about a light that comes on inside the house when the mailbox is opened? It would probably need to be wireless to be useful.

My mom lives in the country & has one of those mailboxes with a yellow flag. When someone opens the lid the flag pops up. This is useful since her mailbox is only across the road.

This is our exact plan. Some sort of a receiver in the house that lights up when something in the mailbox is triggered when mail is arrived.

Thanks everyone!

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Done. And, as the laziest human in Brownsburg, thank you for your efforts. I get very scared when I have to go out into the real world. Not of robbers or thugs...just scared of being too far away from my TV.

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    Completed.

I installed a driveway alarm at the mailbox, around 400' away, which also serves to alert me to mail and newspaper arrival. I mention this for your reference. Best of luck with the project.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You clearly have a great engineering career ahead of you, as your spelling is about par for the course! (And I only say that because I are an enginerd, too :) ).

I'll take the survery for you.

Too funny. I'm married to an aero and his spelling skillz are a constant point of humor.

OP, I like the idea I see emerging there. The survey is completed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom