• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    "A check of the serial number indicated the weapon, which was in a holster and contained five shells, hadn’t been stolen. A customer found the pistol Tuesday night, according to the report."

It was left in the holster. Maybe he needs a good belt.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just leave it in the holster.

He did. The whole holster was wedged in the rail per the article.

There are soft holsters that will not stay on your belt if your pants are down. The Remora comes to mind. Top heavy guns with high ride holsters can flip and dump the gun out without the pressure from your body keeping it in place.

There are reasons other than psychological reassurance for removing your gun. I take my paddle holster, badge, and pager off when at the office and lock it in my desk before heading down the hall to the can for a sit down appointment. I'd rather not be fishing for anything in the john, and removing the whole paddle holster doesn't provide any opportunity for a ND.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    "A check of the serial number indicated the weapon, which was in a holster and contained five shells, hadn’t been stolen. A customer found the pistol Tuesday night, according to the report."

It was left in the holster. Maybe he needs a good belt.
    Could be a pocket holster or cheap IWB holster too. Pull down the pants, falls out of pocket, comes unclipped... Sucks for that guy. I'm glad it didn't "disappear" and happy it wasn't discovered by a curious child.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    He did. The whole holster was wedged in the rail per the article.

Alright, smarty cakes. Leave it in the holster, and then LEAVE THE &^%$#@#@ HOLSTER ON YOUR BELT. There, I feel better.

Use a proper holster. Leave the proper holster on your belt properly.

This seeking excuses to reassure yourself that the gun is real is getting people hurt, and in this case, leaving us wide open to the "think of the children" crowd.

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    I usually carry mexican style, no holster just tucked into my waistband. When I poop in public I always hang my 1911 on the stall door by the trigger guard. I do this because when you go to open the door you usually see it and say AHHH almost forgot about you! Then you tuck that thing back in your pants where it belongs!

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    OH I almost forgot if you have a safety, USE IT. Some nice restaurants have expensive tile. Guess who has to pay to get tiles replaced with bullet holes in them? ask me how I know! That was the Glock, I learned my lesson and switched to a Kimber

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I usually carry mexican style, no holster just tucked into my waistband. When I poop in public I always hang my 1911 on the stall door by the trigger guard. I do this because when you go to open the door you usually see it and say AHHH almost forgot about you! Then you tuck that thing back in your pants where it belongs!

OH I almost forgot if you have a safety, USE IT. Some nice restaurants have expensive tile. Guess who has to pay to get tiles replaced with bullet holes in them? ask me how I know! That was the Glock, I learned my lesson and switched to a Kimber

You should have learned your lesson and switched to a responsible mode of carry.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    One way I've remedied this is just taking care of #1biz left handed.
    I keep pressure on my gun and holster with my right forearm. kinda like practicing brushing my teeth left handed. Only reason is easier right handed is repetition.
    #2 is a different story.
    Depends on what gun/holster I have.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Kirk, if I go to drop a deuce in public...the pistol sits on top of the TP dispenser. I really don't want someone flipping out seeing a pistol and pants wrapped around some dudes ankles under the stall door...

That's one of the good things about kydex though, if I wanted to keep it in the holster, I totally could.

I really don't understand how anyone could forget their sidearm in the stall, unless they were peeing or pooping blood and were rushed out on a gurney...

also, I really hope the mexican carry thing was a joke. Please be responsible and get a holster and belt, or at the minumum something like the raven vanguard to cover the trigger guard, and don't even get me started on the stall door thing...a kimber over a glock? Isn't that a giant leap backwards or something?? :D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So you've just realized that you've left your revolver in the McD's...you go back to retrieve it and there's already police car(s) and officers milling about...do you go on in and claim it and get your property back....or do you forget about it to save the embarrassment and write it off as an expensive lesson?

I'm leaning towards: What gun? :laugh:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    So you've just realized that you've left your revolver in the McD's...you go back to retrieve it and there's already police car(s) and officers milling about...do you go on in and claim it and get your property back....or do you forget about it to save the embarrassment and write it off as an expensive lesson?

I'm leaning towards: What gun? :laugh:

walk away like nothing happened.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    People, it you can't relieve yourself without removing your gun and/or holster either stop carrying or stop relieving yourself. It's just this simple.

1) Just say "no" to no. 2 in public places (if you have to remove your gun to #1......stop carrying, you are terminally stupid).

2) In an emergency, and I can't believe i have to say this, don't take your pants down below the top of your knees and hold your belt. If you can't go with your belt at your knees, you need new pants or a remedial sh!#!ng class. You mom failed you.

3) If you insist on using a holster that will not retain the gun unless it's tightly cinched to your body, see #1, above.

Top Bottom