• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    The Fiance' and I are getting married on June 19, 2015 and we want to go to Ireland for our Honeymoon. I like the idea of doing this Emerald Classic | Great Value Vacations I assume June is busy time of year and the B&Bs will fill up quickly. I am seeing if we can stretch the length to about 14 days to give us more time to go around the whole island.

Things to do include:
    Guinness Storehouse
    Ring of Kerry
    Trinity College of Dublin
    Cliffs of Moher
    Blarney Castle
    Boyne Valley
    Giants Causeway
    Connemara National park

Also planning to visit small villages/pubs along the way.

I know it is still a year and a half away, but it don't hurt to start planning now. How long in advance should we purchase everything? I look for the end of that June now and there are no prices. I figure its way to early now anyhow, just trying to get some plans in place.

Any help would be appreciated.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Congrats on the upcoming wedding! I don't have any advice for the planning part, the wife and I haven't taken an official honeymoon, unless going to the smokey mountains with my parents counts? She says no?

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    Congrats on the upcoming wedding! I don't have any advice for the planning part, the wife and I haven't taken an official honeymoon, unless going to the smokey mountains with my parents counts? She says no?

Haha well thank you. Hoping the planning goes smoothly for the wedding. She has started deciding everything already. I want to make sure to plan a honeymoon, because i know if it doesn't get planned it won't happen. We will keep putting it off for who knows how long.

As for my OP any photogenic areas would be great to help as well since i enjoy taking pictures.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I worked/lived in Ireland for 4 moths in 2010.
    It is a beautiful country.
    If I were you and had the time available,I wouldn't pass up the Kinsale,west Cork area. Kinsale is the the gourmet capital of Ireland and the west cork scenery is second to none.
    My son and his fiance are heading that way right after their wedding next year.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Go see Kathy. It's been my goal for nearly 20 years.

if you are booking this far out, get trip insurance. You never know what happens in geopolitics or relationships over 18 months. Plus, Ireland could be underwater with 18 months of arctic ice melt left to go.

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    Go see Kathy. It's been my goal for nearly 20 years.

if you are booking this far out, get trip insurance. You never know what happens in geopolitics or relationships over 18 months. Plus, Ireland could be underwater with 18 months of arctic ice melt left to go.

We are just looking for ideas, not really booking this far out yet. It will be until at least summer until we can try to book it. You talking about Kathy Ireland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ? Haha

Also: Go to County Doneagle and look up some of my relatives for me, will ya?

I believe i have some ancestry coming from Ireland. Been in contact with both of the sides of my family trying to see where it might be.

piker75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    Here are a few things we enjoyed that you didn't have on your list:
    Bunratty Folk Park & Medieval Banquet
    Foynes FLying Boat Museum (Wife's grandfather used to fly these beasts)
    Newgrange
    We are considering going back to spend more time in this area.
    Dingle Peninsula

We bought packages through Spectre Tours one year & through Aer Lingus another. I'd recommend either company.

I'd definitely suggest you get a GPS, as many businesses use GPS coordinates in place of street addresses in their advertisements.

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    Well the fiance now says Ireland trip will cost to much and said a cruise to Alaska would be better. But the cruise is roughly 700/person but changes depending on cruise line. That's not including airfare to Seattle and from Vancouver which will be roughly 600/ person roundtrip. To me it will cost about the same between the two. What do you all think? I don't mind doing either, but thinking Ireland will be better.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Any cruise, or any trip for that matter, you need to make sure what is included, and what isn't.
    Sometimes the cheaper stuff costs more, but you don't find that out till it's too late.

Things like meals, drinks, shows, port entry fees.......
    Also, if you can, get a smaller cabin. You really don't need to spend much time there, just to sleep.
    If you're going to spend a lot of time in the cabin, you really don't need the cruise.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I think honeymoons should involve beaches, bikinis, and beverages.

Also keep in mind that a June horneymoon in a location that'll accommodate the above will be quite hot. And quite possibly uncomfortably hot. And humid. And miserable because A/C can't keep up for when you want to cool down / relax / sleep.

Of course, I was a lot fatter on my July horneymoon in Dominican Republic.

OP: For the money - go to Hawaii!

-J-

Top Bottom