• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Wildcat Valley, it's a private club but is open to the public during one of their events. Check out their website in my signature. You'll find their calender.

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Linden's super-inexpensive and very laid-back. Wildcat, as I understand it (I know members, but have never been there myself) is more intense and formal event-oriented -- and is a nicer facility, as would be expected for the extra cost of membership and rigorous membership-application process.

On my tight, toddler-at-home budget, Linden was my choice for now. I hope to join Wildcat eventually -- plenty of folks belong to both.

Randy Divine

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    So. IN
    Thanks Gentlemen for the info. I'll check out both clubs. The kids are in West Lafayette, I'm in So. Ind. so I don't know my way around.

RD

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Wildcat would be closer to WL by a little bit, if that makes a difference.

And to be clear, I've heard 100% good things about Wildcat, except for people who think it's too expensive. From what I've heard of it, I do NOT think it's overpriced by any means -- the extra price gets a nicer facility than Linden (though Linden's nothing shabby, and has some cool skeet setups too).

Not that it matters for .22LR shooting, but Linden only goes up to 100 yds, while Wildcat has 300 yds (and maybe even longer???). That's pretty daggone cool in itself.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Live in W. Laf too. Been a member of Linden LCC now for 3 years and can only recommend it. Not the nicest rangest but get's the job done plus you get a lot of extras like camping facility and fishing you may care about. Plus you will meet some super nice people.

Drop me a PM or stop by a local gun store for more info and an application. The owner of Applied Ballistics over in Laf. is one of the LCC trustees and a great guy.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I'm a member of Linden because I didn't have the time to go through the rigorous app process of Wildcat. While WC might be a nicer club (with longer ranges), butLinden gets the job done for my .22, pistol, and shotgun needs...itll even work for my .308 for the time being. Its quick, easy, painless, cheap and for what you pay, its well worth it. Check it out and shoot me a pm if you want to try it out as a guest next time youre up this way.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'm very satisfied with Linden. $50 bucks a year for a family membership, gets you access to 17, 25, 50, and 100 yard ranges, fishing ponds, and camping. Firing lines are fancy, actually verging on primitive, but they do get the job done. Indoor airgun range for the winter, though I don't know if that's reserved for the kids or not.

Top Bottom