Place to dispose of lead acid batteries, in indy.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I have quite a few dead lead acid batteries laying around from small to large and I'd like to get rid of them. Anyone know of a place close to Indianapolis that can take these.

Any auto parts store should take them but I would call a recycler to see if you can get some cash for them.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am not sure if the City even does this. I would see if they have a public dump day where you can drop off that kind of stuff and they can safely dispose of it.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    last year when lead prices were insane you could get $5 per battery at most salvage yards. I would call them first and see if they are still buying.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I have quite a few dead lead acid batteries laying around from small to large and I'd like to get rid of them. Anyone know of a place close to Indianapolis that can take these.

WE BUY YOUR JUNK BATTERIES (INDY)

Reply to: sale-zkv6b-1101005665@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-03-31, 3:27PM EDT

We will buy your junk auto or any type of lead battery. Call Matt at 317-786-2717 for details.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 1101005665

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    You can drop them the same place you drop old paint cans, etc. ToxDrop

Tox Drop is great! Previous owner of our house appareantly painted cars as a side business ans there were about fifteen gallons of various pains as well as reducers thinners, etc in a cabinet. It was a cinch to get rid of that stuff, an old computer and several other things we had around.

Doug K

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The City of Noblesville has a hazardous waste recycling center as well. They will ask to see ID to confirm that you are a Noblesville resident, though, and they'll only accept residential (not commercial) waste. I dropped off a ton of UPS batteries there last year and he was mighty suspicious that it was commercial (it wasn't).

Top Bottom