• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    While trying to settle on a carbine type and manufacturer I happened to read some articles about the two mentioned uppers. Does anyone here have experience with these and willing to share their thoughts.

Secondly, once an upper is decided upon what is a good recommendation for a lower?

Reliability and quality are my concerns. Thanks for any and all input.

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    My concern has been the lack of interchangeability if parts would somehow become unavailable or difficult to get.

I know a guy who works for PWS and that is the system I was going to buy (and still might) but my plans were derailed by being downsized and out of work for 4 months. I am working on recovering now but a piston upper is a little ways down the list for me.

I could send your email to the PWS guy, but I can tell you for sure he will say theirs is the best. Who wouldn't when your paycheck depends on it! All that being said I don't have real world experience with either so I probably didn't help you much.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    in_betts said:
    My concern has been the lack of interchangeability if parts would somehow become unavailable or difficult to get.

That's another important issue too. Invariably, something could break and having access to parts would be critical. That is one of the big advantages I see to the DI system. Plenty of parts if they are all MIL-Spec.

I would like to talk to your friend though. More information is better than making a WAG or SWAG!

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    I too have no experience with either but from reviews i have read the pws seems great, especially if you want a sbr, but nearly doubles in price of the cmmg. Since you say reliability and quality are your concerns i would go for it(pws) if cost is not an issue. :twocents:

Apokalypsi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Speedway
    Another option is an LWRC gas piston upper. My cousin works for them and they are absolutely amazing. Nothing but good reviews from magazines (Shotgun News and Gun & Ammo) and right now they are bidding to get the new AR contract for the entire military for when Colt's contract is up here soon. I plan on buying one of them for sure.

Top Bottom