• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ha! So that was YOUR Colt that Allen was Cerakoting... Been talking to him about having my Wilson Combat refinished.

Did the gun feel any 'tighter' after being coated than before or did you notice? Cerakote is pretty thin from what I understand but I haven't handled a cerakoted weapon myself so I don't really know what to expect.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Ha! So that was YOUR Colt that Allen was Cerakoting... Been talking to him about having my Wilson Combat refinished.

Did the gun feel any 'tighter' after being coated than before or did you notice? Cerakote is pretty thin from what I understand but I haven't handled a cerakoted weapon myself so I don't really know what to expect.

A Wilson would be fine, this Colt had the frame rails welded up and remachined so it was tight to begin with, Allen did lap it in a little bit after it was done but it's not thick enough to cause problems.

khickey3492

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Kokomo

I had a slide Cerakoted recently from a pistol that had welded up frame rails and it did tighten it up quite a bit. A little hand lapping and it was fine.

I must say Cerakote is some "tough" stuff. No visible wear even after a few hundred rounds!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yep, I am thinking to get a little more wear on mine (only 500 through it) before I get it re-coated. The finish that is on it now has some blemishes but they're small and hard to spot unless you look closely.

How about coating small parts like the slide stop - I presume it's thin enough on the small parts that assembly is a non-issue?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I saw and handled this pistol in person today. It is a very well executed and beautifully refinished pistol. I'd love to own one just like it. Great work!

Top Bottom