PistolAccents.com and my experience with them...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I found a great deal on a new Glock 22 (full-size 40 S&W) earlier this week. I've been wanting to experiment with suppressing both the weapon and cartridge and here was my chance. I had looked into this a couple of years ago but never followed through, so I jumped on and ran with it. Unfortunately, it wasn't long after getting home that I discovered threaded barrels for the Glock 22 may be even rarer than $18 bricks of .22LR! I couldn't find one in stock anywhere.

Somewhere down around page 34 in the Google results, I found Pistol Accents ( Custom Gun Parts, Lone Wolf Glock Gun Barrels, Gun Grips & Pistol Accessories, 1911 - Pistol Accents ) For some reason, the name makes me think of someone selling cheesy Chinese grips and tacticool lasers out of a kiosk in the mall. Their website doesn't look especially impressive. Not on the painful level of Geocities, but nothing cutting edge, either. Anyway, the website showed them having at least one Lone Wolf threaded barrel (black oxide, no Scooby-Doo logo) in stock for the G22, so I pitched it in the cart along with the appropriate thread protector and hit the checkout button. It entered both parts onto an invoice page and after filling out a minimum of information, my order was placed.

It was so easy that I was now expecting this to be one of those sites that allow you to place an order for out-of-stock merchandise. I was torn between feeling hopeful and upset when I went back to the barrel page and it was showing "out of stock" like every other website in the country. Instead of getting all spun up and sending emails and making butthurt posts on all the web forums, I decided to just let it go and see how it played out. To my total astonishment in the current climate of place-your-order-and-wait-four-months-for-backorder, the barrel came in today's mail. I ordered it Wednesday night and it arrived on Saturday! I dropped it in the Glock and manually cycled about a hundred rounds of various ammo types through it without a hitch, so I'm quite satisfied. Naturally, one order for two small parts doesn't make Pistol Accents a go-to seller but still, them doing things right all the way through sounds promising.

Top Bottom