• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I know this has been covered, and i knew the answer at one time, but i can put a pistol grip on my mossberg 500 correct? It was sold with a shoulder stock.

Btw I am 21 years old and do have a LTCH.

I hate having to ask again but i couldnt find a confirmation, and im on my phone so its kind of a pain to search more exstensively.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    Come on guys, Everyone knows when you put a pistol grip on your shot gun that the 'cone of instant death' it shoots goes From 3' to 5' at close range and it will also be able to knock people of their feet when shot by it :):

Havent movies taught you anything? :D

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I don't understand how a pistol grip affects recoil or aiming on a shotgun. Can someone enlighten me?

Also, why is everyone bashing the tactical shotgun setup on this thread, but in all other threads people are always recommending the 590 I thought. Is it just the 500 conversion that is the problem?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I don't understand how a pistol grip affects recoil or aiming on a shotgun. Can someone enlighten me?

Also, why is everyone bashing the tactical shotgun setup on this thread, but in all other threads people are always recommending the 590 I thought. Is it just the 500 conversion that is the problem?

Without a buttstock your wrist absorbs the recoil instead of your shoulder.

In light of previous statement it is helpful for the health and well being of your face to keep a pistol gripped shotgun well away from your face when firing, hindering your ability to aim.

590/500 has nothing to do with it.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    It isn't the recoil that's the issue...

It's aiming!

You have to aim a shotgun??? :dunno:

images

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A usually reliable source said that if you put a vertical grip on the slide of a pump shotgun WITH a pistol grip on it, it becomes a handgun. Would it be an illegal weapon if not sold as such? :dunno:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    A usually reliable source said that if you put a vertical grip on the slide of a pump shotgun WITH a pistol grip on it, it becomes a handgun. Would it be an illegal weapon if not sold as such? :dunno:

I believe that is combining state law and NFA law improperly. You should be fine as long as it is over 26" in total length.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've put a pistol grip/side folder on both my 500 and 590, for ergonomic and storage issues. I wouldn't fire one pistol grip only unless there was a pressing need to get a round off now.

Top Bottom