• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    A nurse is selling one at a good price so I just had to take him up on it. I'll post pics later but It's got a collapsible stock, a rail system, and a scope. I'm looking forward to writing love notes to my wife at the range with it!

I didn't think I'd own one for at least another year but sometimes you are in the right place at the right time.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Congratulations on the new 10/22. Enjoy.

You don't need a mag loader, the 10/22 mags are some of the easiest and fastest to load in the world of semi-auto 22s.

I do recommend some bx25 mags though, they are alot of fun.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Very nice, I have that on my short list to buy here shortly along with a Mosin (First rifles). They will go well together, accuracy and something to beat me up a bit.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Congratulations on the new 10/22. Enjoy.

You don't need a mag loader, the 10/22 mags are some of the easiest and fastest to load in the world of semi-auto 22s.

I do recommend some bx25 mags though, they are alot of fun.
    Agreed! I have it BX 25 mag and it works great, it's the only extended magazine that will actually function for a 10/22 (at least in my experience)

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I checked out one of the new Takedown model 10/22s at Bradis. Those are pretty sweet. I see one in my future.

I like those takedown's too, but dang, Ruger is pretty proud of them. :spend:

I see a potential problem with them holding "0" when one keeps breaking them down and putting them together. I could be wrong though.

If someone is going to use their 10/22 at an Appleseed, they can come in quite handy. I watched one in action between AQT exercises and man, it would have been nice to have one.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Congrats, but a word of warning! They are so much fun, and there are so many ways to customize a 10/22 before you know it you are wanting, then buying another, then another, then another!!!!! :D

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Congrats! You'll enjoy it. If you like the current setup, shoot the heck out of it; if you're not cracked up on it, then good luck deciding which of 10 million different ways to go with your build. If you're looking for a pretty sweet trigger at a small investment, check out the VQ target hammer. I love it!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Are there many options for a barrel in takedown model?
    Not that I would refuse one based on that! Nice score!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    OK, it's in hand (car) but I had bad lighting. I'll post tonight when I get home and some better light. Has a Barska scope and a 50rnd mag, the stock will act as a side-fold as well. I'll be so tacticool...

Crocodator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 6, 2012
    Hancock County
    It's a great gun - I got one a few weeks ago here in Indy and took it out with my boys last Saturday for their first time shooting. We had a great time in spite of the heat, and that little rifle was exactly the right thing for us to shoot together. :)

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Got my wife one a while ago ,I've even let her shoot it once. Seriously ,Love it!
    Put a set of Tech-Sights on it...they're great. Been switching between Blackhawk collapsable stock for the granddaughter [10.5 in. Length of pull] and the wooden stock
    with plastic extender . I guess we need another!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I recommend the Butler Creek Steel Lips 25 round mags. They can be had for just over $15 each, and are said to be about the best, or as good as the Bx25. The 'Hot Lips' are under $15 but some say the plastic lips wear out. Be careful not to order the 10 round mags on accident like I did LOL.

I'm looking for a threaded barrel next.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Ok, here she is. I already love it and am probably loaning it to my brother in 6 hours. Heh.

ff92c88b.jpg

Top Bottom