• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    What's up :ingo:

I'm picking up my first Mosin Nagant this weekend, and I'm looking for some Information...

I've seen some nice looking rifles people have posted on here before, and I'm debating on fixing up mine or leaving it as is. (Once I get comfortable with the firearm)What accessories are out there for them, modifications and such? I've seen Promags stock they make for them, but they have some bad reviews. If anyone can give me some info that would be great!

Thanks!

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Personally i leave the alone. But there are a few options. You can run a rail where the rear sight goes. Or you can get a traditional scope mount and a bent bold for it. ATI has a stock that's works. Timney has a trigger upgrade but you have to make the trigger area a bit bigger for it to fit right. Archangel stock for the nagant is kinda cool too. But i like mine stock. I see no point in sporterizing them. Tons of options just gotta look for them

cubstuff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Indiana
    I had my brother give me one (Cannot beat free, correct). Did some research on it, and it was actually the shorter M44 Carbine with the folding bayonet. Whoever traded it to him did a really nice job cleaning it up as well.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Cleaning is half the battle. I got mine for $20 off a friend who didn't like it. I had to finish cleaning it but it looks great now and functions flawless. I have a thing for the old russian milsurp guns though.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Check YouTube for trigger jobs.

I am am planning to cut, re crown, and thread the barrel and put it in a new stock and scope it. We'll see what I ACTUALLY end up doing, but that is the plan.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Thanks for all the input guys. I'm thinking of just putting a scope on her for now. I'm trying to find a scope mount. looking like you have to mount them farther out because of the bolt?

Top Bottom